Talk to me about fishing.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Good luck on your fishing.
I find fishing to be a great way to relax; I don't like the getting there part but once on the water casting, there is little better.

Found this for you Tony. You can hang your fish stories on it.

110.jpg

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

Sorry I forgot to get back to this one.

Anyway... I only caught a little pumpkinseed. (blue gill) I got it almost instantly, off of a log that was stuck in a shallow section. Then... nothing the rest of the day. But, as you guys said... it wasn't a bad day.

I spent about 3 hr's in the morning by myself... then the girls joined me. My older kid had fun... but she was done after 20 min or so. Needless to say... she wanted to use the "Real" fishing pole... so I had to use the Barbie pole. After that... we just went back in a cove, and dropped anchor, so they could swim. Then, later in the day... a buddy came out with his kid... and we ran around with the tube. My 3 year old decided she wanted to ride too. She was a real trooper. THey rode around for a few min, and eventually fell in. (at low speeds) But my buddy pulled her up, and told her how good she did... and all was well. She said that she was trying to catch fish in her mouth. (lol)

It wasn't a very successful fishing trip... but it was a very good day overall... with friends and fam.

137.jpg

138.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could help, but do not know your area ... west coast I could help, but in general one of the most relaxing, family things you can do if you are not desperate to catch fish. As Lou kinda hinted at we never want to calculate the cost per pound of fish we catch.

As posted in my recently lost Dad's garage (and elsewhere):
"A bad day fishing is better than a good day working"

I used to fish with a good friend who we frequently accused of not using a hook because a bite would interrupt his beer drinking.

Very valuable times fishing with my daughter and son, even if we did not catch anything sometimes. When we caught a bunch, both wanted to clean the fish so I needed to clean the odd one in the catch. Daughter would have all the nightcrawlers out on the seat of the boat, sometimes giving them names, but still ok with cutting them in half and putting them on a hook and pissing off my son and I by catching more fish. My son turned into a fishing maniac, beats the snot out of me any day.

Am I off track again? Keep fishing, do not feel you must catch something every time; the saying "the patience of a fisherman" has real meaning.

Way off the track, but it is hot as hell out here.

Rod

Grizz.... glad to see you are around still. Anyway... I remember... in my younger days, using salmon eggs and valvetta. As I recall... I was stream fishing for trout. (when I was a teen, and with a friends fam)

So... how do you guys feel about the "Power Bait" products? Or the sprays that you put on lures? I'm thinking a little more long term, and being able to store stuff on the boat.

The versions of powerbait that I like the most are the Powerbait, Gulp, Crappie Nibbles. These little babyfood jars of nibbles are easy to keep in the tackle box and are always good to go if kept sealed.

They come in quite a few colors, I have had the best luck with pink and yellow. Put under a small bobber on any small jig and you have a panfish magnet. I have yet to never be able to catch something on the stuff. You won't catch big fish, but when the kids need to catch something, it will work. Cheap too.

Good luck!

Back