Bolts snapped and impeller ate the wear ring. Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jster91

I had two of the 10mm stainless bolts break which allowed misalignment in the impeller and wear ring. The impeller chewed up a lot of the wear ring which I plan to replace. The seals and bushing spacers we're gone as well and I assume got into the stator. It also was damaged pretty bad. So I'm replacing that too. Is there a guide to assemble these back to original. I want to be sure I'm not missing anything. Also. Does the stator support the shaft with a bearing or bushing? Right now the stator opening for the shaft is about 2". So I assume something is missing. The assembly diagrams just show the stator as an assembly and don't show components. I assume it will just come assembled and possible lubricated.

Any guidance or info or hints are appreciated. I was able to remove both. Just getting ready to order replacements and also missing parts

Thanks!!!!

You could obtain either a Mercrury Sportjet factory service manual or an aftermarket Seloc manual for your model make and year describing the service process.

I recommend checking/changing the oil in the jet gearcase, you may find there's water in the gearcase as a result of the damage and the gearcase may need repair as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back