Impeller Noise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big K

So I took my sea-doo back to the dealer and had it looked at because it made a loud vibration noise. They automatically new what the problem was. They said that since it was road and broke in that my impeller had some wear and it was normal. They said that once in the water this would quiet down and I wouldn't notice anything wrong.

So have any of you other guys experienced the same thing.

Correct....

Yes, they were correct. It is most common in the older models. It really doesn't effect performance, just sounds bad when your flushing on land. Before I was a member of the forum, I actually changed my bearings because of it...........
So don't worry. This is the second post we've had on this issue. Your not the first to come in and ask about it......:cheers:

There is a after market kit out there that will quiet down the "impeller rattle". It consists of a spring and spacer that mounts in the cone on the end of the impeller.

Karl

Impeller

Well I am glad that I am not the only one that has the noise. But I am surprised that it only being used for 3 months and brand new it is making that sound. But what the heck it has the warranty might as well use it. But does it quiet down while in the water?? If it doesn't I might look into the after market kit to quiet it down. Thanks for the replies it is much apprecieated. :hurray:

Last edited by a moderator:
You really can't hear the rattle in the water, it's muffled when underway. I only hear mine when I flush it up on the trailer or lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back