IBR overide not working trying to access jet pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mzootie

Hi need some help. I was planning on inspecting my wear ring and impeller. I cannot get the IBR override to move the gate for access. I do not have VTS. Instructions in the shop manual say to:

1. Press start
2. Install DESS key
3. Press set button RH handlebar
4. select settings till you see IBR override on, then use up and down arrow keys to move IBR. When I do this nothing happens, no noise, no sound, nothing. I have no issue in the water using the IBR, it works fine.

Do I need to remove the IBR gate to pull pump?

Not sure what to do now and don't want to take to dealer

TIA

A Dealer said that when I replaced the post it will need to be programmed so trying to move the IBR will not work. It will start though. I thought there was no programming needed for post replacement. Seeing conflicting opinions on that.

Im pretty sure the consensus would be on this site is that the post itself is just a mechanical magnet switch with no electronics and does not need to be reprogrammed when replaced and I can see no correlation between the DESS system and the IBR system not working. New keys do need to be programmed, they have small chip in the key.

Last edited:
Back