Diagnostic software questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

vroomZOOM

Hello, I am looking to potentially expand my diagnostic software collection (probably the most expensive stuff in the toolbox).

Just to be clear, I am not a dealer of any kind, and do not have bossweb access.

What I need to be able to do:
Program keys without the old key (both old and new style, only 4-tec and ACE, no 2 stroke stuff)
Marry/program clusters and IBR modules
Change ECM settings (change from 130 hp to 155 and 170, stock maps)
General diagnostics

Which version of BUDS do I need? Will dealer/technician be ok, or do I need mechatronic expert? Also, do I need bossweb access for this stuff, or is BUDS standalone?
Finally, for the older style DESS keys (the hat style, not the claw style) do I still need the dess post dongle tool, or can I program them on the ski like the newer style keys?

Thank you

To program keys on the older 4tecs from 2002 to 2010ish(iControl) you will need the DESS interface separate box. From iControl/iBR on the keys are programmed directly on the ski DESS post for both claw and hat styles. BUDS is standalone so BOSSWEB isn't necessary. You will need megatech/mechatronic to change anything in the ECU settings. Dealer privileges alone won't do this. You will need BUDS2 for most of the newer stuff from 2021+.

All of this software is pirated and illegally stolen from BRP which is why it comes from foreign countries who have cracked the codes and supply illegal licenses.

To program keys on the older 4tecs from 2002 to 2010ish(iControl) you will need the DESS interface separate box. From iControl/iBR on the keys are programmed directly on the ski DESS post for both claw and hat styles. BUDS is standalone so BOSSWEB isn't necessary. You will need megatech/mechatronic to change anything in the ECU settings. Dealer privileges alone won't do this. You will need BUDS2 for most of the newer stuff from 2021+.

All of this software is pirated and illegally stolen from BRP which is why it comes from foreign countries who have cracked the codes and supply illegal licenses.
damn, didn't know that, ill have a different look at things now...

Back