2010 RXT 215 Won’t Exceed 5500 RPMS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex.sweitzer

Hey everyone, new to the page but looking for some help on an issue I’m having.

2010 Seadoo RXT 215

Acceleration seems fine but it will not rev past ~5570 rpm’s. The speed tops around 30 mph if I’m remembering correctly. A couple CELs for IBR related stuff and one for low voltage but nothing else. I pulled the SC and checked it (idea from other threads on here about similar issues). No play in the turbine and all of the parts look good. I had replaced the impeller last winter so I checked that to make sure I hadn’t accidentally put the wrong pitched impeller. The replacement impeller is a Solas 13/18A. I also replaced the drive shaft, shaft seal, and the jet pump last winter before putting it away (tried replacing jet pump bearings but cracked the casing while pressing the seal),

My current questions/thoughts are could this be electrical? Could the IBR issues be causing the bucket to be stuck partially down and causing drag (doesn’t seem likely but I’m trying to eliminate all possibilities)? Is there a throttle issue that I haven’t discovered?

Current CELs
C0073
P1661
C2102

I do have the IBR system out right now to hopefully fix the IBR related codes. I bench tested the motor while it was all still put together and it seemed to bind up so I took it apart and the nipple on the end of the nylon shaft had fallen out. Put that back, greased everything up and re assembled the IBR but I haven’t re-installed it.

The IBR issues don’t bother me too much but the RPM issue is a killer. Any help here would be appreciated!!

I would get your IBR issues sorted out, IBR faults will cause “limp home mode” where the ECM restricts RPM to safely get you home.

Don't check your plugs, replace them. You won't be able to see them foul. I've seen the plugs look brand new and only be an hour old and have them not fire at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back