I am programming keys now!! $30+ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not advise buying a buds system...BRP has that system on lockdown and if it already isnt a paperweight, it will be once you try to use it. From what I know that system uses the internet to communicate to BRP and when it comes from a different IP, it will be shut down.

Its almost a requirement when you are working on DIs though...I have the tech video for 01s and its AMAZING what you can do with buds.

The previous owner had a heck of a time with BRP on my programmer getting it out of my name and into mine.

Rick...on your boat MPEM if you got it working correctly then go and swap the MPEM. You are going to be able to test it better that way. Obviously the first thing is seeing that it blows fuses or not, then put the key on. Im sure the dealer didnt erase the key, so it should work.

My system will blow a fuse if the diode is bad, and if its screwed up to the point that it will not communicate with the key...I would see that as well.

Easy answer----and this goes for northern Indiana from Portage to the Michigan state line. Fresh clean water and a lot of it with easy access. Great people for the most part. Nothing in the water to bite your leg off. Plenty of watering holes of all types. No bugs in our marina but sometimes a few flys out in the lake. Four seasons Spring= get the boats ready. Summer =drink boat and make Mary. Fall get the boats put away for the winter. Winter == maybe do some inside boat work. South==sweat your balls off and deal with hot HUMID BUGGY WEATHER AND TRY TO AVOID THOSE CRITTERS THAT WILL EAT YOU FOR A SNACK.

Please don't take what I said personally. Brock (who is from Michigan) and I banter back and forth all the time. I was only joking around, that's why I appologized to Nick for hijacking the thread.

Lou

I'll do the switch when I get the new engine in and if it does work can you get the hours and other info out of it if I send it to you Thank you Rick

I didn't take it personally at all I was trying to inject a little humor. It actually sucks here in the winter. Rick

Please don't take what I said personally. Brock (who is from Michigan) and I banter back and forth all the time. I was only joking around, that's why I appologized to Nick for hijacking the thread.

Lou

question

if you program a key for a mpem, do you actually know if its a good one when you do it ? I have one that needs a key but i'm not 100% sure if its a good mpem in the first place.

Thats a little tough....from the little bit of experience I have it wouldnt connect to one that wouldnt beep but also didnt blow fuses. Other than that if it programs and it verifies the key afterwards I would assume it works.

I also had one that worked fine but had a draw. Customer sent it back b/c it was draining his battery. I was able to verify that as well and see he was correct. LOL I guess you can do that with a voltmeter though...not a programmer.

ok i'll get back with you on that, the one I have i'm 99% sure its a good mpem because I know what killed the engine, but w/o the key I didn't have the opportunity to check for beeps while it was connected to the engine. I may send one up. thx

so my RX is missing the key and post, 1995hx says he had a post for me, so do I just send the MPEM to you?? or is there a easier way...

I got my dad's 96 boat with the single 717 running for him. After the first ride he somehow lost the key. Do you just need the MPEM out of it and we can buy the replacement keys from you?

and to make sure I understand, I can send you any key and you program it to the MPEM right ?

The MPEM can register up to 8 keys, so yes any key will work, and if say you have 2 XPs and want the key to work in both I can do that.

so my RX is missing the key and post, 1995hx says he had a post for me, so do I just send the MPEM to you?? or is there a easier way...

If your dealer doesnt suck it usually makes sense to do it thru them. But...if they wont do it free if you buy a key from them or want to charge $50 to do a 2 minute process...send it to me.

Im your guy if the dealer isnt nice, or is far away.

gotcha, well thanks for being honest, ill check with my dealer, if not ill find another dealer, if not ill send to you... I didn't know you can run keys on different skis! sweet bro.... that will be nice...

Yeah no problem I never intend on misleading anyone. It's just nice when you get a basket case with no key. The dealer has no way to program an mpem w/o having it installed in the machine. Plus... Not everyone has a dealer close by or one that will waive a minimum shop rate on a 2min job.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I got my dad's 96 boat with the single 717 running for him. After the first ride he somehow lost the key. Do you just need the MPEM out of it and we can buy the replacement keys from you?

Matt graciously sent in his boat MPEM and gave me the round wire harness connector. I now have the ability to program any boat MPEM with the round connector! I also will be putting together a harness for the panel boat MPEMs in the next few weeks so...I will have the ability to program any 2 stroke MPEM...be it a boat or PWC!

Yeah thanks! I got it on Friday and put it together for him on Sat. Of coarse both keys worked great.

Awesome...thanks again Matt for the connector. I really didnt want to hack up the only boat harness I have.

Just wanted to let everyone know I was able to save a member of this site several hundred dollars by testing his 97 SPX ebox. He thought for sure his MPEM was dead, but I verified it working just fine. He actually sent me two, and I sent him back two boxes with both of his keys programmed to both boxes for $50 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not an issue here as many can attest. Honesty and integrity are two words that are lived by here at Westside Powersports.

I just had two keys programmed by Nick, wanted to say thanks for the prompt service and fast shipping, had it back in short order !

Much appreciated !

I just got my mpem back from Nick with a new programmed key. I shipped it out Saturday and it was back at my house today. Quick turn around time. Thanks For the stickers too!

Boat ECM Programming?

I just wanted to bump this and let people know I just built harnesses for all 2 stroke models. 720, 787, 951, RFI, and DI included. The boat ones are a bit tougher so Ill build them when needed.

Hey. Newbie here!

I have an '08 Speedster with the 215 HP supercharged 4 tec and am in need of a couple of DESS keys! Ihave the ECM out of the machine and am wondering if you're able to do these too? We have a long weekend coming up and we're iterally dead in the water!

Hope you can help.

Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back