Hull Repair on my 96XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So did you extra pad the trailer with lambs wool to keep it that nice going on and off the bunks? Or are you going to transport it on a bed of Jello? ;)

Looks Great! Good job.

So did you extra pad the trailer with lambs wool to keep it that nice going on and off the bunks? Or are you going to transport it on a bed of Jello? ;)

Looks Great! Good job.

Funny you should mention that. So I had my buddy come over and help me flip it right side up on my stand.

I then washed off the sanding residue from the top side of the hull and started to pull it around my driveway like I was doing when I had it bottom side up.

No luck, I nearly pulled the ski right off the stand due to the hull being so slick. I had to call my wife via cell phone to have her come and hold the stand still so I could push the hull back on. She took her sweet time coming outside as I was balancing the hull on the stand.

I have now tied a Ratchet strap to the stand so I can pull it around by the stand.

I will likely be redoing the bunks before it goes back on the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you should mention that. So I had my buddy come over and help me flip it right side up on my stand.

I then washed off the sanding residue from the top side of the hull and started to pull it around my driveway like I was doing when I had it bottom side up.

No luck, I nearly pulled the ski right off the stand due to the hull being so slick. I had to call my wife via cell phone to have her come and hold the stand still so I could push the hull back on. She took her sweet time coming outside as I was balancing the hull on the stand.

I have now tied a Ratchet strap to the stand so I can pull it around by the stand.

I will likely be redoing the bunks before it goes back on the trailer.

Hahaha locking casters!!! A must have lol

Ok, she is almost completed as of today.

Got most of my graphics installed today, first some before pictures. Then the after.

Before:

475.jpg

476.jpg

477.jpg

478.jpg

After:

479.jpg

480.jpg

481.jpg

482.jpg

483.jpg

484.jpg

Ok, so before anyone mentions it, yes the graphics aren't an exact clone of the 99 spx, both in design and install location. This is intentional, I kind of wanted a hybrid of the 2 styles, I wanted the torn hull look of the 99 spx with the 96 font work.

The rear decals are swapped from LH to RH on purpose, it allowed me to put the XP in a similar location to 96, and allowed me to cover some gelcoat scratches.

I like the way it turned out. The graphics material quality is top notch!

I will likely post a review of pwcgraphics.com in another thread and link it here.

Bout friggin' time! It looks really good, the graphics swapped in the back has me torn though to be honest. I get why you did it though. They look good though. I think to make it gel you need a matching dash decal although I love CF. You need a single gauge hood in a bad bad way, then it will have the "look". Very good job Krispy, the black hull looks great!

Bout friggin' time! It looks really good, the graphics swapped in the back has me torn though to be honest. I get why you did it though. They look good though. I think to make it gel you need a matching dash decal although I love CF. You need a single gauge hood in a bad bad way, then it will have the "look". Very good job Krispy, the black hull looks great!

Yea, I have a dash decal with the "XP" logo, and a deflector logo as well, still haven't decided if I want to put them on or not.

I am torn on what to do about the hood. I just purchased a new VTS gauge. Perhaps I will try and 'glass a double gauge hood. Who knows!

Looks sweet! I think if you painted the hood black, but left the deflector in yellow like a 99 SPX it would look killer if you didnt want to do a single gauge hood.

I went ahead and installed my dash decal last night. I was waiting till I had my Trail Tech TTO temp sensor before I changed it out.

Turned out pretty good I think.

617.jpg

What temp is that tto measuring?

Looks great

I put the thermister directly under the MAG spark plug. This TTO is particularly designed to measure "combustion temperature" on air cooled 2 strokes. But in our application I am just measuring cylinder head/spark plug interface. I originally wanted to measure the cooling water at the head outlet, but since the engine runs an open loop cooling system (always pulling cool water from the lake) the temperature delta (outlet water temp-inlet water temp) was really small. This way I should have a more consistent monitor on what the actual engine temperature is.

That looks sweet! I just wish the TTO's were wireless, I know I want everything.

Yea, the wire for the tach was plenty long enough to make it back to the coil. The temp sensor however, came with an inline plug that was going to require me to drill a 3/8 hole in the dash in order to pass the wire through (no thanks). I ended up cutting the connector out of the system and soldered in an extension cable made from some tiny CAT6 inner wires and a sheath. I hate messing with wires that thin, but it turned out pretty well I think.

Yea, the wire for the tach was plenty long enough to make it back to the coil. The temp sensor however, came with an inline plug that was going to require me to drill a 3/8 hole in the dash in order to pass the wire through (no thanks). I ended up cutting the connector out of the system and soldered in an extension cable made from some tiny CAT6 inner wires and a sheath. I hate messing with wires that thin, but it turned out pretty well I think.

The drill is my hang up, same reason my Speedster doesn't have a radio in it--I can't bring myself to cutting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back