How to test speedometer??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kilabez0

01 951 the paddle wheel is still fully intact. Neither the analog or digital speedometer Work. Sometimes randomly it will start working. I know that sometimes the paddle wheels break off but that isn’t the case. And it’s odd that both don’t work. How can I test them with a multimeter?

I tried to remove the 6 screws from the paddle wheel assembly but 2 are stripped. Then I tried to remove the large plate underneath the hull which it’s attached too but it wouldn’t come off. Maybe it’s glued as well as bolted? Just trying to get everything working on this machine and it’s turning into a huge headache with the off idle bog I can’t figure out. Thanks

Is there any where to even buy this sensor any more? Looks like it’s discontinued. Anyone know how to replace the components inside??

Have you used that before? is that replacing the actual sensor that fails on these skis and is it just straight forward plug it in?

Your best bet is to ditch the paddle wheel and get the candoo GPS conversion.

You didn't mention if your ski has a water temp temp sensor - if so - LEAVE the factory paddle wheel IN PLACE. else you will lose this sensor

Buy the GPS one and hook that up. I have it on my 02 GTX, and it works well.

My only suggestion would be if they had powered it from the actual guages wiring, vs. strait to battery... that would have been an even cleaner install...

Im not sure if I have the same gauge set up as you or not..I have a 98 gsxl with the 951. I have the info gauge and the speedometer. Neither are working at all in my case. Do you have the multi function info gauge ? Does it light up at all when it gets power ? you say sometimes randomly it will start working. Both gauges ? Could be a bad connection or frayed wire somewhere

I have the digital multi function readout. Not sure if it has water temp I’ll check when I get home. I just know last year the analog gauge was intermittent I’m not so sure about the digital. But yesterday I had it running on the trailer and no matter how much I spun the paddle wheel neither worked.

So Sabrtooth you bought that exact one and it plugged right into the one you had no issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back