How to test MPEM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

burtshaver2021

Premium Member
Premium Member
I was just reading another post moments ago and I read that the MPEM from the 1997 GSX is a one of a kind. I have a 97 GSX in beautiful shape, works perfect but I seen another 97 posted with a trailer, motor is out and apart and he has another motor to go with it, apparently crank is bad in one and too end is bad in the other. My question is, “is there a way to test the MPEM when there’s no motor in it?” I’m thinking of the beeper is working I might still get the 2 beeps and I think that says it’s good, but is there a way if the beeper doesn’t work either? Thank you

I've purchased a number of jets (20 +in the last 5 years) , got about 10 in the yard right now. Not one good one yet. LOL Figure on what that guy is selling is pure junk :) Only way to check that mpem is to put some power to the ski or pull it and put in a running ski. I've replaced MPEMs with problems that only reveal themselves with the ski is on the water at a specific RPM. If the top end is bad the bottom is likely bad as well... IF you can get the engine apart. I'm throwin 2 in the trash next week. Good Luck. :)

I've purchased a number of jets (20 +in the last 5 years) , got about 10 in the yard right now. Not one good one yet. LOL Figure on what that guy is selling is pure junk :) Only way to check that mpem is to put some power to the ski or pull it and put in a running ski. I've replaced MPEMs with problems that only reveal themselves with the ski is on the water at a specific RPM. If the top end is bad the bottom is likely bad as well... IF you can get the engine apart. I'm throwin 2 in the trash next week. Good Luck. :)
Thank you,

Back