Speedometer is spotty

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Collinfox01

So yesterday I took out my 01 seadoo gtx. That was the first time it’s been out in two years. It ran great but sometimes the speedometer would work and sometimes it wouldn’t. I know on the speed sensor the wheel would spin. It seemed like every time the sensor was at the top of the water (turning right) it would work. I’m just wondering if anyone has an idea of what it might be. The speed sensor is only $130 but I just don’t want to order it and that not be the problem.

Check the wiring and connectors are clean and making good contact between the sensor and speedometer. I have never tried but if your gauges come on for 30 seconds when you press the start key without a key or just when you put the key on, then you may be able to spin the sensor by hand or with an air stream and see the speedometer move. If that works you could move wires and connectors to check for interruptions or just see if the sensor itself is intermittent. .

Back