How much oil?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

opfor22

I have a 2005 GTX with a supercharger and I would like to know approximately how many quarts of oil this thing is supposed to take. Per the owners manual it states 2.7 qts with filter change does this sound about right??

thanks..

That is about right. I have found thru the years is to know what your oil level is like before change, extract out as much as you can, then put the same amount of new oil back in.

The total oil capacity on these engines is 4.8 quarts, and the latest manual say you can extract about 3.2 quarts out. I usually can only get just under 3 quarts out.

I personally think this is a shitty design. You are leaving a third of the oil in the engine when you change it. They should have a tube that extends to the lowest part of the sump to get it almost all out. This would save a lot of time and flush oil when you get water in the oil.

The pto housing holds more than a quart of oil which is a separate compartment which is why you can't get all the oil out. If you rev it to 5k rpm for 10 seconds before you shut it off, it will move some of the oil to the the main sump and you'll get more out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back