How good was your deal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
1996 seadoo speedster interior is pretty much done but the motors run like a top. Guy winterized it in 2005 never ran it again and left it out in the yard. I asked him what he planned to do with it and he said he may sell it. Told him give me a call and a month later said you still interested in it come get it out of the yard and its yours free!!! Like i said runs great. Scrubbed the hell out of it (Tip: Magic erasers are amazing) and new decals ($300 including removal of the old faded ones, hydroturf ($255), stereo($140), and im about to order new seat covers($338).

Just recently bought a 1998 Sportster 1800 for $900. The guy told me both motors were locked up but after some tinkering I was able to get them to fire and run. Had to replace a couple cables and the interior so all together I have about twelve hundred bucks and have already had it out this year.

2001 Speedster. Great shape. Bought from dealer/broker that did all servicing. All service records. Less than 200 hours and has cover and Bimini top, trailer in great shape. $5500!

whats up guys.....i think i got a decent deal 2 seasons ago I bought 2 1997 seadoo gtx's from the original owner double trailer fresh water only same lake as me in Rhode island all original equipment from Seadoo 7 jackets anchors,paddles,fire ex,covers winter and water,5 gallons of seadoo oil,pretty much everything I needed for season and more for $2400. They needed new fuel lines rebuilt the carbs new plugs but they ran fine before that work and the hull seats and plastics are 8 of 10 shape let me know what you guys think....Mike

1995 Sportster...... Free! Had it about a week now and going through it to make sure everything is sea worthy. Found it across the street from my house.

1995 Sportster...... Free! Had it about a week now and going through it to make sure everything is sea worthy. Found it across the street from my house.

Ohhh,, they are NEVER free,, Just wait and see. LOL

But it is a great initial investment.

Congrats...

My gsx rfi cost me $1,000 with trailer and needed a top end. Not a bad desl considering where I live, a shell without engine, trailer, jet pump go for 400 without trailer. A single ski trailer here are between 100 and 400

1998 sportster 1800. $4700 with new interior, wear rings, pumps, and carbs plus all receipts and new tires on trailer.

Hello. Just joined. We bought a 2002 utopia 185 last October for $7800. Not sure how many hours are on it. I need to see if there is a way to check that somehow. Needs some upholstery help but other than that she is very clean.

Thanks!

Hello. Just joined. We bought a 2002 utopia 185 last October for $7800. Not sure how many hours are on it. I need to see if there is a way to check that somehow. Needs some upholstery help but other than that she is very clean.

Thanks!

seadoo dealer can hook up to MPEM and get the hours.

Just bought a 2000 seadoo gs with hustler trailer, 2 lifejackets, and jettribe cover for $500. Po said it wouldnt start, put a new battery and starter solenoid and it runs perfectly. And to beat that its in showroom conditionuploadfromtaptalk1372219904739.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Got 96 challenger with almost brand new engine and trailer. As for hours, unknown. Guess will have tow it to seadoo dealer and check up mpem? Anyway, it comes with anchor, cover, 3 lifejackets, spare key too for 3700

I bought a 2004 sportster le di with a bad engine. I bought and installed a reman. engine, wear ring, solas impeller,bilge pump, new seadoo bimini top, I replaced all of the oil, water and fuel lines, I dumped the 20 gal. of fuel left in it. The boat is like new, and came with a new galvanized trailer. I paid 2000 for the boat. I have spent another 2000 on the rehab. I buffed the jel coat,installed new graphics . so, two months and 4000.00 later I have a great boat boat. I get 50 mph on gps with 2 in the boat. I have run a tank of fuel through this boat every weekend for the past 9 weeks. Runs perfectly. I bought this boat for my son and his girlfreind, maybe some day they will catch me.

Just Bought a Used 2000/Sea-Doo/Sportster LE (Sport Boat) /130hp/IA June 2013 for $3000. New engine 3 years ago. 3 year old Sea-Doo brand cover, new battery, new impeller. Nice Condition.

I found a deal on Craigslist. Two years ago i bought a jetski with no trailer, it broke down and i had no way to take it anywhere. On Craigslist I found a 2 place Shorelander trailer and it came with a custom painted 1995 Seadoo SP for $550. The previous owners said that the jetski hadn't run in a couple years, they thought it was the starter. We removed the starter at home, it was rusted so we sprayed it with WD-40 and tapped it with a hammer a while later. The rust fell off and the starter moved freely. We put it back on and the jetski fired right up with the first push of the start button. Normal price on Craigslist for the trailer is $800-850 and 1995 Seadoo running is $1100-1200. I think i made out pretty well!

Spotless 04 RXP, Riva stage 1, supercharger rebuilt within last 12hrs. Absolutly mint condition. From the original owner on a single trailer...... 3700

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373895785894.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373895785894.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 24
I bought a 97 speedster, always garaged, very good condition overall. nice upholstery and strong motors. $4500 The only other one for sale in ND was an 05 speedster a used car salesman wanted $10k for. There was a Sugar Sand boat i could have picked up cheaper but it lacked style, power and needed much TLC.

Seadoosnipe, great ski. I have the same one. Showroom condition, changed the fuel lines and cleaned the RAV valves. Runs like a beast. Got it this spring from a friend who just wanted it gone (it was his father in laws who passed). He said give me 1k and its yours. For that price I figured even if we only got a year out of it that would be worth it. After having it and riding it for the last 2 months no way am I letting it go. Great machine, worth every penny and then some.
IMG_5919C.jpg

Sept 2013:

I got my 1996 Challenger for 910.00 with trailer. Wouldn't start by itself (would with starter fluid). Upholstery was ruined. No top. Standard Shorelander trailer needed love too.

Best bet so far. About 1500.00 needed to get upholstery and mechanicals completed. Seats were beyond torn up.

Bought this summer
2004 seadoo sportser Le DI. $5000.00 in Ontario Canada
Brand new complete shortblock was installed by a non brp.. BUT.. it was a short block from a 2001 rxdi, different cylinder jugs then 2004... I like to say i got Kijiji'd...
Anyways, extra 1200 to get the motor fixed up with the correct Jugs and porting..

oh and a 800 dollar stereo... ( it was a must :) )

I bought a 99 speedster last week for $1600 needs seat repair and a buff job. Can't wait to get it in the lake.

Bought my 1998 challenger 1800 in august in Az for $5600,boat is in near mint condition+folding tung trailer

Attachments

• boat pic.jpg
    boat pic.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 39
2001 Seadoo Sportster LE, with Bimini, $5300, Canada

Seems there are a lot of better deal in US for this type of boats.
But in Canada, the options is very limited. The guy listed it as $7500. Knocked down to $5300 after water test.
Water test was about 5 minutes, full power, speed at 35MPH, engine at 6500PRM during the test. It was a very wavy day, so the boat was jumping through waves, so the speed should be higher on a good day I hope.
Having some difficulties on engine start.

After closer inspection:
I found ripped wear ring, corrosion on the nozzle.

Now I am in the process of replacing the nozzle + venturi and rebuilding the pump.

This is the thread of my boat:
http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?66994-2001-Seadoo-Sportster-LE-Just-got-it!

Used 1995/ Speedster/ twin 650 rotax/ 160hp/ Daytona Beach, FL, Oct. 2013

Last week I bought my first jet boat - a '95 Speedster twin for $2000 off CraigsList. It looks to be in pretty good condition; the hull, deck, and seats are in excellent condition. The seller was an older, well off guy; had the Speedster in his garage, and looked like he didn't use it much or cared to keep it; and it looks like it's had three prior owners. The seller wanted $3000. I got him down to $2000 w/o a sea trial. I hope I didn't buy a money pit. The more I research these older jet boats, I'm finding that they seem to need a lot of general maintenance and there's a lot that can go wrong. Anyway, I took it out for the first time the day after I purchased it. Both motors started right up, but for the first minute the boat would only putt along at 15-20 MPH, even at full throttle. After about one minute, the thing took off and maxed out at 58 MPH according to the speedometer. The slow take-off problem seemed to subside after that, but it still doesn't take off as fast as it should.

Oh yea, the seller threw in a brand new bimini, Seadoo boat cover, and the necessary boating supplies, and I'm running on his registration for another year. Still, I think I could have got the seller to drop another $500 of the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back