How good was your deal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought an '07 Utopia 205 (not the SE) with bimini top, radio remote, depth finder, factory towable cover and galvanized trailer for $16K. It's in great shape, one small gouge in the vinyl cover on the rear seat back.

Just got a 2004 Utopia 185 with 240EFI 150 hours with Seadoo trailer-bimini top new jensen marine radio-factory cover for 8k

Just picked up a 97 Seadoo Challenger with trailer and bimini for $1500. The body and interior were in really good shape. Aside from some mildew stains on the chairs, it's pretty much cherry :) The catch was it's single single 787 ate a rave. Surprisingly, it did not seem to damage the pistons, cylinders or rotaray valve. There's a piece down in the crank case somewhere though... Anyway, I already had a rebuilt motor sitting around my garage that I installed in a day. Pushed GO and it fired right up :cool: Motor's already broken in, but I found a bunch of gunk in the fuel tank. Next step is to clean that out and check the carb filter again. It'll be fun addition to my fleet :thumP1060370.jpgP1060388.jpgP1060373.jpgbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a weathered 96 seadoo challenger single 787 on a nice trailer with a blown motor, spare prop, and a spare blown motor (why it came with a spare BLOWN motor is beyond me) for $250. I took out the entire interior, removed all of the faded decals and did a three step fiberglass renewal process. I am painting some steering wheel and hood plastic and the new seat covers in blue and gray are on the way along with a full hydroturf kit.. The two boxes of motor parts are at the mechanic's shop for a rebuild and I should be on the lake as soon as the ice is out. Now, THAT's a deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
This was last summers project... but I thought I would add it.

Here's my Islandia. I drove up to Michigan to get it. I had a blown engine... but was pretty clean. I picked it up for $5800, and have about $1600 into the rebuild... and a few hundred for misc. So... we are around $7500 to $7800 for a 2002 Islandia. (Street price with a new motor is $14,000)

391.jpg

221.jpg

148.jpg

224.jpg

60.jpg

Wow Dr. Honda

I didnt know you had a bathroom in that boat? wow.. thats amazing, thats a completely different beast than your old sportster? lol...

I bought a weathered 96 seadoo challenger single 787 on a nice trailer with a blown motor, spare prop, and a spare blown motor ...for $250.

Sweet!
And to think that I thought mine was a good deal...:rofl:
$400 for a 96 challenger with a seized motor, with trailer and cover... and a 4 person pedal/paddle boat that was thrown in. +$185 for new trailer tires and tie downs.
I've should have my motor out tonight and ready to send off for rebuild. I'm guessing that my total with the rebuild at $1k + blacktip mats + a couple of new SD stickers for the sides + some misc stuff will be around $2k total, less whatever I can get for the pedal boat in the spring.
Really been enjoying the project, and the kids (7,9,10) are having fun with it also. :)
My better half is still pissed that I bought it though.
... maybe because I already had a 2000 GTX with the engine sent off to be rebuilt when I brought home the challenger.
I keep telling myself that she will be happy when we get out and use it this summer, although I don't think that my plan of using the Challenger as a tender for our big boat is going to fly with her.

2002 Utopia 185 Merc V6 200 HP - great condition and well cared for .. 160 hours , sun deck and bow seating just reupholstered .. Snap in carpet, bow cover, depth sounder all added.. New tires and a spare on trailer ... Paid $9,700 and felt good about it... How'd I do ?

I got a 1997 seadoo gs for about $1600 off ebay, runs perfect and starts first crank every time. I did have a negative experience though with my GTX as I have posted on these forums. Got a 1998 gtx limited for $1800. First time out on the water and it melted hoses. Took it back to the guy that sold it to me and he claimed he would fix it but it took forever so did some research and bought a new hose...the coupler between the big pipe and the water regulator. Replaced it and went back out and it did it again! Anyways I replaced the coupler again and did a comparison of the water hookups to the manual..they were backwards.

Once I straightened that out I went back out on the water and had no issues..except the 3rd time I went out. Luckily I test started before I took it out on the water. The starter would just spin and not turn the flywheel...at the worst time! The bendix gear went out which is a involved repair...75 bucks later for a bendix gear and new starter and I was back in business. It still has some idling issues and starting issues but I'm working on resolving those.

Wow Dr. Honda

I didnt know you had a bathroom in that boat? wow.. thats amazing, thats a completely different beast than your old sportster? lol...

Yep... when the baby was born... we wanted a big boat. This one satisfies all the requirements. It has a bathroom for the girls... lots of storage, a large swim deck, and room to move around. Oh... and it's still powerful enough to pull a ski'er.

Love the Islandia, Tony. That fountain is awesome.

Yep... the fountain/pool was a feature that the wife wanted. It keeps the kids occupied. FYI... that picture was taken with the original pump... and I knew it was on it's last leg. I replaced it (just a 1000 GPH bilge pump) and now the fountain shoots up about 4'.

2002 Utopia 185 Merc V6 200 HP - great condition and well cared for .. 160 hours , sun deck and bow seating just reupholstered .. Snap in carpet, bow cover, depth sounder all added.. New tires and a spare on trailer ... Paid $9,700 and felt good about it... How'd I do ?

Congrats on the new boat. If it's in good shape... you did well for a 2002. (about middle of the range) Go into the Merc section, and post some pics.

1998 Speedster

Craigslist,

Guy was asking $4,100.00 I got it home for $3,700 trailer included. We took it around manhattan,ny and I'm totally in love with this boat. North Jersey.

2007 Islandia twin 155 Rotax engines. Less than 50 hrs. With cover and all service records form the local dealer. 20K. This is my first BRP/Seadoo. 3rd boat. Love it.

2003 Sportster 951
Like new condition, always keps covered. Came with the trailer, cover and service manual.
Bought it from the 2nd owner, it runs great and has been well maintined, looks brand new-not a scratch on it.
Only downside was the previous owner had a shop change the impeller to aftermarket, when they did they did not grease the driveshaft where it goes in the impeller, subsequently it rusted out from salt water and stripped the shaft and impeller splines.
Gave $1300 for it, figure I will have about another $600 in in to repair, already ordered all the parts, just waiting on them to get here.

~B~

Got a 2010 Sea-Doo 210 wake with 34 hours on it for $32k with the custom trailer. Not a scratch on the boat. Cant wait to get it in the water.

48022_10151346268957003_1299847277_n.jpg

Attachments

• 48022_10151346268957003_1299847277_n.jpg
    48022_10151346268957003_1299847277_n.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 10
Bought a mint 95 HX and an also mint 95 XP800 on a clean double trailer for 2k last summer. Found the deal while I was in vacation in FL. Called the seller, left him a deposit and made a trip to long island as soon as I was back to CT.

Also bought a locked up GP1200r for 400 bucks on a trailer. Was an 01 that was last registered in 03. Parted it and turned a quick 300% profit

Sent from my Galaxy S3

1997 GTX 160 hours bought for 1800, Has been in fresh water the hole time. I live by the beach and wanted fresh water.
Trailer and ski baoth have titles, Hard to find both here in Texas.beach toy 001.jpg

Bought my 96 spx with trailer for 600 bucks.. 3 seasons ago
84.jpg

Then just bought my 06 gtx limited with 8 hours for 6300 with brand new 2013 trailer
85.jpg

96 GTI on a trailer running for 450. Just cosmetic fixes.

92 GTS for $200 running and about $14 in parts.

97 GSi non running on trailer for ........ FREE. $1500 later and it's almost ready for water. :facepalm:

97 GTi on a double trailer running for $1500 (cosmetically and mechanically mint) just fuel and oil lines, new dreamometer paddlewheel, impeller oil change and a new float in the baffle.. Kept the double trailer, put it on a spare single ($300) and sold it for double what I had into it.

11 RXT-X aS, dealer demo with 9hrs, got it for $12k.

98 GTXL on a 2010 trailer- $1500 and just needed a throttle shaft cleaned and freed up (new bushings) and a bath.

Just picked up a 95 SP, needs battery, cleaning and fuel sys upgrade but runs, also got a 97 SPX, needs engine, got both on a nice stainless steel double trailer with toolbox for $850.

Whoa Matty what's that SPX doing on the turf like that?

long story haha.. but in short if you notice that trail in the background... the key popped off the stalk around a turn at nearly full speed.. landed a good 30 yards onto that nasty marsh..

had a buddy with me on the back of mine who went flying off... when i took this picture he was standing next to the ski but i recently Photoshopped him out.. felt a little weird having my favorite picture of my old ski with another dude in it lol.

hahaha damn those old style seadoo keys. the one on my GTS always pops off too. it's never thrown me into a marsh before, but I can def. see how that could happen :) I wonder how much it hurt to land on those hard marsh grasses, did you have water shoes?

hahaha damn those old style seadoo keys. the one on my GTS always pops off too. it's never thrown me into a marsh before, but I can def. see how that could happen :) I wonder how much it hurt to land on those hard marsh grasses, did you have water shoes?

i thought it was going to be alot worse.. it was high tide so i kinda just rode on.. if it was low tide.. forgetaboutit, i would probably have cracked the hull as there is a good foot tall wall of dirt and barnacles. i was expecting a nice bump and some turbulence but it was pretty smooth lol

i always wear water shoes because the stock foot boards on the older skis are horrible.. unless you get some hydro turf or something but this stuff was more like quick sand.. i was easily knee deep touching all kind of critters trying to pivot the ski on the nose to get it out lol..

about 20 minutes later after a bunch of guys were tired of watching us struggle they came over to help and it took no time to get back into the water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back