how do I compress the seat shock to install on my 2010 rxt 215?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mom4060

does anyone know how to compress the seat shock so that I can install it on my 2010 rxt 215? The bracket that the shock screwed into broke while riding waves and I now have the new bracket and shock but can't install it.

I was wondering the same thing, my hood shock popped off when riding and I need to compress it to get it back on.

that problem also

I was wondering the same thing, my hood shock popped off when riding and I need to compress it to get it back on.

I also have the hood shock to reinstall. I am hoping someone can answer this and it will take care of both questions. We had the top of a palm tree fall on the rxt and it busted up a bunch of stuff that I'm trying to fix. The seat shock got busted going over some big waves though. Ready to get this patched up so I can ride! :cool:

tricountytrail did this by removing 2 10mm bolts (back 2 there are ) on hinge of hood, this allows you to open hood far enough to easily place clip back on too ball. Make sure you take out clip and bend it back to original form if it is bent so it locks onto the ball. Slowwly lower hood strut will compress and put bolts back in hinge, replace washer and bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back