Hours - How can i check?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandyck

Hello guys.

I wanna know how many hours my Seadoo GTI 2005 2 stroke has been used? This pwc doesn't have any gauge, only the fuel gauge.

I looked for in the forum, but i haven't found the answer.

Thank you

you can take it to a dealer and they will hook it to the buds system and tell you for a slight charge i assume.
Then buy a hour meter and install it yourself.

I will buy the hour meter...The problem is, the dealer is too far, we do not have so many seadoo dealers in Brazil

You can buy the BUDs reader yourself, but it isn't a cheap thing to buy just for the heck of it..

The nice thing is, once you own the reader you can do lots of diagnostics with it...

yea, a $1000 reader for a $2000 ski...

why do you need to know the hours? Other than it's nice to know because it's 'hours of fun'.

as opposed to the 'hours of hell' that is the hour meter on my lawn mower...

My point was,,,

Yes the reader has a cost and it is not cheap. I have seen them sold for 500 dollars though.

As he stated, there are no dealers in the area. Once he gets the reader he could get his money back by being able to help (Charge) others to at least steer them in a good direction based on what the reader had to say about their ski.

yea, a $1000 reader for a $2000 ski...

why do you need to know the hours? Other than it's nice to know because it's 'hours of fun'.

as opposed to the 'hours of hell' that is the hour meter on my lawn mower...

Hey now, i dont feel the hours of hell when im on my tractor, I think its actually enjoyable. Although the thing was the biggest John Deere garden tractor they made in the mid 90's, with my suspension seat, tilt wheel, power steering and diff lock it is all fun in the sun!

Sorry for the rant, didnt mean to hijack

My point was,,,

Yes the reader has a cost and it is not cheap. I have seen them sold for 500 dollars though.

As he stated, there are no dealers in the area. Once he gets the reader he could get his money back by being able to help (Charge) others to at least steer them in a good direction based on what the reader had to say about their ski.

I've been told and seen that only a dealer can buy these units. You or me can buy a 4 seadoo Version but you can't randomly plug in multiple units. If this is a fact I'd love to know as I could sure use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back