Help this girl please! 2002 Seadoo Bombardier GTXDI PROBLEM!!!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

arlakegirl1978

I bought this last year and it ran fine. I put two tanks of fuel in it with ethenol, which I know is HORRIBLE!!! and then today I found out that I'm using the wrong oil. I was using quicksilver 2-cycle oil for watercraft.

Anyhow to the point. Last year it would run fine, with full power for about 20 minutes and then begin shutting down and when it would re-start, it would be running really rough and shut down again, and continue this cycle until the battery ran down. I have taken it once last year and once this year to a seadoo mechanic. He has not fixed my problem. He says it's putting no codes in the computer and runs fine in the tank. Can anyone tell me what it might be?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!

Being that you have a DI model, I would look into the electrical system. They are very touchy when they arent getting enough power. Make sure it is charging. Check the rectifier.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have now taken it in a total of three times to be checked. Still no luck. The fuel pressure is 90psi, compression is good. The only thing that was recommended to me, was that the fuel filters be changed and that is not a guaranteed fix. It seems as if everyone is stumped. The old oil was drained. I have not put the new (correct) oil in. It is winterized and put away for the winter. I was told that the oil didn't do any damage. It still shuts off after running just a few minutes. Start and dies until the battery runs down from being started so much. Very frustrating.

This is only a starting point.Anything that has electronic fuel injection (efi/di) whatever you want to call it,will run like a hairy goat if there is not enough charge in the battery.I mean cars,outboards,skis etc.As to why YOU are dropping charge,that should be answered by guys with more experience than me.Sit tight.They will answer and work out the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back