Help me ID my GTR

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

s4rhoolie

i couldn't resist and purchased a project GTR 215, it was a impulse buy but no regrets at all. In order to get title sorted out i need help identifying this watercraft. This was a stolen recovery and plate from the hull was removed. When i had Aquatrax i remember there was another plate wit HIN in the hull (just above the gas tank)...Is that the case with the SeaDoo or i'm out of luck on that one...Have info on the motor and most of the parts are 2012...at least some starting point...If anyone can chime in with useful info i appreciate a lot
Cheers!

I have read about BRP putting another HIN plate under the fuel tank. I have not seen one because how often do you remove the fuel tank. If the engine is out it would be easy to remove the fuel tank and have a look.

Thanks, i also called 2 dealers in my area, they are both clueless or else, suggested to call manufacturer (BRP) but their answer was - have you dealer call us...and really in 3 hrs on the phone with various people/companies connected directly with the sport/service/sales/transport, including salvage yards - no luck. Police is not going to have conversation with manufacturer or dealer, they want to read the number and write that in their HIN verification sheet of paper. Motor is running and everything functions as it should (needs cosmetics) taking it apart and out would be
painful task and to find out (maybe) there is no number there... :)

On the older 2 strokes there is typically a second vin tag under the tank. Also the computers sometimes have the vin in them tat the dealer can scan.

There is a second HIN tag on all PWC. Also, the dealer can bring it up with BUDS.

Chester

I would look under the plastic muffler resonator... it's there on mine.

HIN Location.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back