Update! Looking to buy a 2013 GTR... Help needed!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

skidmarks

Hi yall, I posted here about a week ago talking from upgrading from my 2012 GTI 130 to a 2013 Wake 155. The wake 155 was not in the condition I had hoped for... big chips, scratches, stains, peeling stickers, foam, lots of sun fade, etc... so I think that is out as I want something that was a little better taken care of. BUT, today I found a 2013 GTR 215 for the SAME PRICE, 30 hours, and looks to be in pretty darn good condition! I just have some questions about the ski and what I should look at when I go to check it out.
1) There is no step ladder in the back, is there a reason the high end GTR does not have one?
2) I enjoy pulling skiers and tubers every now and then, would that be a problem with this ski? I know there's a lot of HP in there but is that something I could do? Also, is the Ski Pylon worth it? Does it make skiing/wakeboading easier or does it only keep the line out of the water?
3) What should I look for when I check it out? I have never looked at a supercharged PWC before.
4) Kelly Blue Book PWC says I should start negotiations at like $7,200... is that too low or is that appropriate? (Condition pending of course) I live in MN and prices tend to be a little inflated typically.

Thank to any of y'all who reply to any of these questions :)

Last edited:
I have a 2011 215 Wake Pro also in MN which I use to tow skiers, Wake boarders, and tubes. The step ladder, ski pylon, ballast tanks, ski modes, and Wake Pro decals is the Sea Doo tow package. I had seen posts where people had pulled the rings out of the back end pulling tubes so I decided on a Wake. Although they were probably doing something stupid. The Pylon does seem very robust and helps keep the ski rope out of the water and out of the intake when towing. The step ladder is very useful getting onto the ski from the water. Be warned, if you plan on towing with a jet ski it is very easy to suck a rope through the intake grate so read the manual. Mainly keep the ski shut down until your absolutely ready to tow. It’s sucking water at idle.
Mine also was a low hours ski I bought two years ago. I would make sure yours has been properly maintained (winterized in MN) through maintenance records and the supercharger will probably need a overhaul. I’m happy I bought the Wake version and the ski has been very reliable, just routine maintenance and a supercharger rebuild which I sent to PWC Muscle. I will mention we have slowly gravitated back to pulling a bigger tube with multiple riders with our boat. It’s just more relaxing for the drivers. [emoji481]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back