Blown block on my Sea Doo GTR 215!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I’m writing this out of desperation for any advice on my 2013 Sea doo GTR 215 with 65 hours on it. I’m a 22 year old who put almost all my savings into this sea doo, I was so excited about it. I JUST bought it off facebook marketplace a few weeks ago, took it out 3 times, ran amazing, then boom, it blew the engine and we had to get towed back to the dock.
The sea doo would not start and it had oil in the bottom of the hull. I was hoping something just became disconnected which was causing the oil spill but after further investigation, there’s a giant hole in the side of the block.
Basically I need to know any advice as to what the next steps are; do I need a whole new engine or just a new block and where I should acquire one? I would also like any ideas as to why this could’ve happened? I ride pretty conservative but fast, like how they’re supposed to be ridden. I don’t think I could’ve done this myself in the 3 times I’ve used it. Could’ve the previous owner sold me a lemon?
I’m incredibly disappointed with not a ton of money to put into it as I just bought it. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Enjoy your day :)))View attachment 56300View attachment 56301

Last edited:
Hi! I’m writing this out of desperation for any advice on my 2013 Sea doo GTR 215 with 65 hours on it. I’m a 22 year old who put almost all my savings into this sea doo, I was so excited about it. I JUST bought it off facebook marketplace a few weeks ago, took it out 3 times, ran amazing, then boom, it blew the engine and we had to get towed back to the dock.
The sea doo would not start and it had oil in the bottom of the hull. I was hoping something just became disconnected which was causing the oil spill but after further investigation, there’s a giant hole in the side of the block.
Basically I need to know any advice as to what the next steps are; do I need a whole new engine or just a new block and where I should acquire one? I would also like any ideas as to why this could’ve happened? I ride pretty conservative but fast, like how they’re supposed to be ridden. I don’t think I could’ve done this myself in the 3 times I’ve used it. Could’ve the previous owner sold me a lemon?
I’m incredibly disappointed with not a ton of money to put into it as I just bought it. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Enjoy your day :)))View attachment 56300View attachment 56301
SOS I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back