Help! Can cover be repaired?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elutrell

I just bought my first boat, a 2004 Sportster Le Di, and launched it Sunday. I went to cover it this evening, because its going to rain, and found that the strap has completely come off the ratchet on the left side, so no way to tighten the cover. Can this be fixed? Im not even sure how it attaches, I didnt pay much attention until it broke! Thanks for any ideas....:)

should be an easy fix for an upholstery shop. Buddy of mine fell on his boat cover somehow and ripped a couple huge holes. Local upholstery shop fixed it easy.

I have had my top repaired in a couple of torn spots at an upholstery shop, and pretty cheaply, at that.

Then the snap-on clips dry rotted, so I cut some off an old (but newer than the boat) life jacket and sewed them on by hand to the existing straps. I think I even added a little extra strap. These were bigger and more heavy duty, and have lasted a good 2 years and looking strong as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back