need Engine Access Cover part #269700130

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouieNet

Hey folks!

So I've upgraded from a 2006 Sportster 4-TEC 215 HP to a 2004 Speedster dual 4-TEC 310 HP (combined). I would very much like to get the Engine Access Cover part #269700130. It's part number 23 highlighted in this graphic.

hull parts.gif

I even had one on order until the part was canceled from the order:

We have contacted the distribution center and they confirmed that both Black, Handle (204050159) and Engine Access Cover (269700130) are discontinued so they will not ship with the rest of the items.

I'm told that many people don't like having that cover in there because it blocks access to the engine. Since there's so much storage space elsewhere, they don't need the cover for additional space. I'm hoping that someone reading this has this part and wouldn't mind parting with it. It goes with a number of boats listed here:

269700130 Sea-Doo Engine Access Cover - AdeptPowersports

If it's in good condition, I'll pay full retail price for it.

Thanks so much!
Louie

P.S. Is anyone interested in buying my old 2006 Sportster? New upholstery! New speakers. Fully fixed up by a trusted mechanic in the region. It's currently posted on FB: Log into Facebook

Last edited:
Hmm… maybe I’m gonna have to fabricate something myself. It’s not gonna be a perfect fit.

Suggestions? I have never done fiberglass work. I’m most comfortable working with wood. I’m thinking of a light, thin plywood piece for the bottom and a hinged angle piece to cover the part away from the stern.

The most work with making a fiberglass piece is making the mold, after that it’s just messy mixing and painting. If you have the other side cover you might be able to use it as the mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back