HELP ANDY. no spark starboard engine. is the bombardier ignition tester needed?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpy andy

do i need the seadoo tester for trouble shooting or is there a diffrernt way? I have shop manual but i need to test magneto. is the test harness [p/n 295 000 131] a must ? should i just use a bombardier ignition tester [p/n 295 000 008]

Posting your boat/motor info in the post and your profile would help get an answer. Otherwise we don't know what you have :)

my bad. 717 speedster

its a old 1997 speedster with 717 engines. ran with no problems for 4 years. and now it lost spark on th starboard engine. thank you for your time -ANDREW

Andy what you need to do is check the wires from the external coil to the spark plug. I would remove the spark plug cap and cut off 1/4 " off the wire and re-install the cap and see if you get spark. If is only 1 not sparking it might be in the coil or wire to that plug. If you still need help let us know.
For future problems you need to add your model and year to your avatar to help get a quicker answer so we know exactly your seadoo is. Use mine as an example.

Karl

You can test it with a ohm meter. The specs are in the manual.

Also, search as there have been many threads with good info in them already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back