HELP 1999 GSX limited mpem buzzing even without tether won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1999gsxltd

So my 1999 gsx limited was running fine a month ago but I was using the battery from my other ski so I had to get a new battery for it. I go to put the new battery in and when I go to start it as soon as I put the tether in there is a buzzing and one loud beep. The solenoid is engaging immediately, before the tether is even pushed in it is buzzing. I tried checking the terminals/ground wires, even tried a different battery and it still does the same thing. Then, I tried pressing the starter without even having the tether in and it buzzes, and if you push it a few times it beeps. A couple times after buzzing the vts would work but not most the time. The engine is not turning over at all, just the buzzing. IT only buzzes for about 4 seconds at a time. Is this a solenoid issue, or something more like the mpem. I greatly appreciate any help as I really want to have it running by friday. Thanks

1 long beep (while installing
safety lanyard on watercraft switch
or when pressing start/stop button
in some cases)

• Bad connection between safety lanyard
cap and switch.

• Push and turn the safety lanyard on the
switch until 2 short beeps are heard to
indicate the system is ready to allow
engine starting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Wrong safety lanyard.

• Use the safety lanyard that has been
programmed for the watercraft.If it does
not work, check safety lanyard condition
with the programmer. Replace safety
lanyard if reported defective. If it still does
not work, enable more detail about the failure.
• Salt water in safety lanyard cap.

• Clean safety lanyard cap to remove salt water.
• Improper operation of MPEM or defective
wiring harness.

• Enable advanced diagnostic mode to
obtain more detail about the failure.

From the manual

also, you can try unplugging the VTS as a bad VTS unit will screw with the MPEM sometimes

I appreciate it but I don't believe its any of those things. Especially because it buzzes even when I push the start button without the tether in. Although now I can get it to make a slight click from the mpem box. Not sure what to do

I appreciate it but I don't believe its any of those things. Especially because it buzzes even when I push the start button without the tether in. Although now I can get it to make a slight click from the mpem box. Not sure what to do

1 long beep (while installing
safety lanyard on watercraft switch
or when pressing start/stop button
in some cases)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back