2001 Seadoo GTX RFI no crank no start, PLEASE HELP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
ram fine last week on the water and when i went to put it back on the trailer it wouldn’t start. i noticed the battery wiring to terminals were fraying and coming undone, so i repair. now i only get a buzzing sound from the solonoid. i noticed the battery terminals get very hot when i attempt to start. checked all fuses and fuses are good. tried to jump solonoid and no crank. replaced starter about a year and a half ago. also when i attempt to start i notice an arcing sound coming from the mpem. any advice?

At the rear of the engine, pull the plastic driveshaft cover to reveal the rear flywheel. You should be able to turn it 360 degree by hand.

I ran into this problem with my 2000 Gtx rfi. installed a new battery as Previous weekend it would not start. Lots of crank and it fired up no problem. About 5-10 mins into ride 12 v low came on, So I’m thing rectifier but the ski is running fine and we are having fun….son in law is on my other doo. Well , I knew I did not want to shut it off till I got back to the dock but I forgot and as we were doing subs and some deep subs I couldn’t hold it and had to jump off so it wouldn’t flip…….. My BAD and I knew as soon as I was departing the seat. I swam as fast as I could jumped on, beep beep but the battery was too low. So we towed it back about 5 mins. Charged battery (disconnected from seadoo) got the beep beep, a quick start button press, a couple cranks and then nothing. No power to info panel, no beep ,no beep beep, nada…..battery test 12.7 volts. I checked all fuses at the front mpem….. they were all good. But I dried every thing very well as there was water in the hull from the subs. I then went to the rear electrical box. Pulled the cover an noticed the seal was not on properly and there was some rust discolouration on the rear outside of the box. Looking in , there was water in the box and moderate/corrosion rust inside. ( I don’t ever remember ever going in this box , but had it in for service about 5 years ago for the air pump and maybe then The tech was in it??) I believe it was water filled after that about 3 years ago but no problems getting the motor running again. Anyways , I sucked all the water out, about 2 cups, and cleaned the box out. Then I started disconnecting the 3 fuses, the 1 amp was fine, the first 20 amp was totally fried, the fuse plastic melted. The other 20 amp was fried more than the first. I cleaned things up and replaced them with a 10 and 15 amp spare from the mpem. Beep beep and it fired right up. I also replaced the rectifier and went for a 20 min ride without incident and there was lots of juice in the battery when I got back. This all happened on Friday and that late afternoon I ordered 2 rectifiers off Amazon and they were delivered to my cottage Sunday afternoon in the boonies. Perhaps that is the most impressive part of the story…….2 day free delivery to cottage country northern Ontario!!
Just info to help someone in the future. I think the rectifier is still good but I replaced it anyways as I know the rfi and di‘s eat them as I have one of each.

Hello! New here, and recently got 2001 gtx rfi Has no spark and when pressing start/stop button it doesn't turn over. Maybe someone can help with ideas what to check? Have checked the solenoid and starter both work. One ground cable was bad but after replacing it still have the same issue. Could it be the MPEM? Although I read on one sea doo forum that if it makes the two short beeps the MPEM should be fine.
I think it's 2001 gtx rfi, not quite sure though.
It's my first ski so any information about it will be helpful, thanks in advance 👌

Back