Has anyone repaired aseadoo 4-tec Fuel Pump?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vwmusky1963

I have a 2006 Seadoo Wake edition with a 155. I received news from the repair shop that I need to replace my fuel pump (they are 99% sure that it is bad). the cost will be upwards of $1000.00. Knowing a little bit about skis, I decided to price out the cost of the fuel pump for a DIY project. this is where the confusion comes in! For the most part, the pump assembly modules are a complete unit, and run about $500 + (plug & Play). But I am seeing Ads that showing that I can just replace the pump itself & the filters without replacing the whole unit at a fraction of the cost (about $100.00). I see these pump kits on ebay all day long. So I looked for a How to video, or instructions, but I have not been successful. I pulled the Fuel pump, and It does not really look friendly to replace just the pump part, but Im sure that it can be done. has anyone done this, if so, do u have instructions & photos of how to do this? Some of the adds I saw said something about needing a pop rivet gun, and 1/8 inch drill bit Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

received pump & step by step directions

I received the new pump and it came with directions. Removed my assembly and installed new pump and filters using the supplied step by step procedure. Worked like a charm. Would anyone like to see the instructions?

I have a 2006 Seadoo Wake edition with a 155. I received news from the repair shop that I need to replace my fuel pump (they are 99% sure that it is bad). the cost will be upwards of $1000.00. Knowing a little bit about skis, I decided to price out the cost of the fuel pump for a DIY project. this is where the confusion comes in! For the most part, the pump assembly modules are a complete unit, and run about $500 + (plug & Play). But I am seeing Ads that showing that I can just replace the pump itself & the filters without replacing the whole unit at a fraction of the cost (about $100.00). I see these pump kits on ebay all day long. So I looked for a How to video, or instructions, but I have not been successful. I pulled the Fuel pump, and It does not really look friendly to replace just the pump part, but Im sure that it can be done. has anyone done this, if so, do u have instructions & photos of how to do this? Some of the adds I saw said something about needing a pop rivet gun, and 1/8 inch drill bit Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated.

where did you get the fuel pump what brand is it? and what brand is the oem pump? i only have a few hours on my new ski but is nice to know just in case.
yes go ahead and post the instructions as it would be of great help to someone that needs it. thanks.

I've used one of these replacement pumps also. Comes with detailed instructions. With some mechanical skills you should have no problems at all. I think I either Google it or just searched it on eBay. It was cheap and a good fix. Still running strong in a 2006 Rxp 215.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

"Worked Like a Charm - Fraction Of The Cost"

I've used one of these replacement pumps also. Comes with detailed instructions. With some mechanical skills you should have no problems at all. I think I either Google it or just searched it on eBay. It was cheap and a good fix. Still running strong in a 2006 Rxp 215.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

SeaDoo/BRP does not sell the fuel pump or internal filter separately, they only sell the complete fuel pump module (Assembly) with a price tag of $500 +. If your pump has failed, this is a much less expensive solution than purchasing the entire fuel pump assembly module. The fuel pump I purchased was a drop in replacement for the OEM SeaDoo 4-TEC pump. It utilized my existing wiring harness & no splices or modifications were required.

The process was quick & easy and did not require any drilling and/or pop rivets, only a screw driver & other removal & installation tool! I think that the whole process (removal to re-installation) took me about 45 minutes.

I purchased the pump from and ebay store (JetskiplusLLC), and paid $80.00 which included shipping. I will post the step by step in a couple of days.

Cheers & good luck!

Vwmusky1963

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back