Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this, verbatim, to the Sea-Doo GTX Facebook group, and got great responses that were very helpful in understanding where to start, and what to look for; but was advised to open up to what the plethora of experts in this forum has to offer. Here goes:

"Need help, you guys. Joe Kingsland may know the answer to this one:

My '06 GTX Standard is not charging the battery as I ride. After about a month, I have to take the battery in for a trickle charge. Battery's fine, and ski runs great.

This all started last year, when my odometer stopped working, due to being overly wet for too long. Somehow, as a reault, the ski ran all sputtery and choppy-like. When I disconnected the fuse, all worked well again. this all came about due to my own stupidity. I jumped the dead battery while still in the ski. The wet odometer, apparently, didn't like this - so it send shockwaves through the system. So, now I'm left with a disconnected odometer fuse, and a non-charging something-or-other. Though the ski and battery run fine, I really need help getting it back right.

And, yes, I know I'm an idiot. Was fully aware of this way before I met you guys."

All help would be appreciated.

Also: Anyone having a working odometer/gauage for a 2006 GTX STD, that's willing to sell it for a good price, I'm willing to buy, if the price is right.

Hi & welcome to your first post in almost 3 yrs. :)

As said before check your regulator/rectifier. And the voltage from your battery while running per what Joe said.

i would think when you disconected the fuse for the guage it has a power wire that runs through it that would be my first spot to start looking i know the guages are not cheap but good possiblity thats your issue

Ever find a solution to the non-charging problem?

Yes, I did. It was the blown 30-amp fuse in the *whatchamacallit*. The, uh...thing that you told me...ummmm...rectifier regulator? Fuse was burnt all to hell. Put in new fuse, and it charged. I ran about 20-miles today, at a top-speed of 53.6. Slow, yes; but no stalls on restart. You guys on the GTX forum were GREAT!

To clarify: It all started with last-year's jump from a running truck battery. The odometer, being soaked, apparently shorted out he 30a fuse. Shorted? Hell...it burnt it all to shit-and-back. That green fuse looked like Gumby with a hangover, standing in a pit of ashes. Luckily, the odometer was dried out; so when I reconnected it, it didn't actually work (as it's fried all to hell and back); but it didn't short anything out.

You guys were a great help!

Yes, shagy, those gauges are way overpriced. Luckily, problem was solved with a 30a fuse. A fried odometer, too; but the battery is charging. Would surely love an new odometer, though.

That green fuse looked like Gumby with a hangover, standing in a pit of ashes.

that's a great line, you should be a writer.

Now to get you new gauges for it......send a pm to minnetonka4me, he or his brother should have them.

Now don't stay away for 3 yrs , come back again soon and give your 2 cents whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back