Glue for hydro turf?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltyBones

Going to make mats for a couple of my skis and the hydro turf I have doesn't have any adhesive already on it. What do you guys recommend for something like this?

Hydro turf recommend weldwood red label, I struggled to find that in the UK and used a branded contact adhesive/cement (one you apply to both surfaces let tack off then put together)

Word of advice - be careful make sure everything is aligned if you don't and the adhesive grabs you might need a new section

When I did mine I taped them all in position aligned properly and put the rear section on first but I masked around the edges of the mat so I knew how far to go with the adhesive without making a visible mess, just mask and repeat with every section n job done!

Next time get the turf with PSA. Its the only way to go these days. You will need to scuff up the gelcoat a bit first and probably do 2 coats on each surface before sticking the turf down. Outlining each pad with a pencil helps to keep the glue where it needs to be on the ski.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back