Freezing temps tonight and I need to winterize my boat just for tonight !!!!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

miller347

I was not aware that it's suppose to be freezing temps tonight and I have not winterized my boat for winter and I do not have the stuff to do it with !!!! What can I do for tonight just to hold me over . The rest of the week is suppose to be 60 and lowes only in 40's

No need to worry. It will take a sustained time below freezing to get the water to freeze solid (and cause issues). If it is sitting in a garage, it probably won't ever get that cold in NC. One night is nothing to worry about. It's when it doesn't get warm at all that you have issues.

If you are super paranoid, put a 40W incandescent bulb in there.

If it's on a hoist, then just start it and run for 3-5 minutes to heat up the block and stuff...it will be safe over night. As long as it doesn't get too cold..... 25F or so for a long period.
Get that thing winterizes to take the worries away until spring.

If outside you can put a 25 watt bulb in there and leave it on all night. They put out a surprising amount of heat in a small space. Please no open gas fumes!!

Ok well. I dnt have a pump but and I didn't have the lines pinched but started one engine and poured antifreeze in top hose hook up. And other engine would not start. So had wife turn it over while I poured it in. Its suppose to get down to 20 tonight and then its going to warm up. And last time I put fuel in I put stabil in it so fuel is ok. But definitely got to do it the right way soon !

working or college. but hardly on computer

Lol I have 100watt heat light but didn't want to put that in there lol too much I thought.

working or college. but hardly on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back