First spark hull damage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Minnetonka4me

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sorry that its a facebook link...I could post the info but I see this post continuing.

Follow along here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...5455877672.132763.107312877672&type=1&theater

1463731_10152090107977673_264350357_n.jpg

It was bound to happen.

But 30 minutes has to suck...

I wonder what they hit or wha caused it?

I saw that this morning as well...

say what you want about fiberglass, but at least its repairable !

how the hell do you fix that? crazy glue ?

I saw that this morning as well...

say what you want about fiberglass, but at least its repairable !

how the hell do you fix that? crazy glue ?

Nope... that's a thermal plastic such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene, or polyolefin. You can't glue it. It may be able to be "Plastic Welded" but I'm not sure how well that would work either.

With today's technology I would think there is a means to repair it properly and professionally.

Plastic welding may work. It is a matter of getting the components to mix and bond well during the repair.

It will be interesting to follow this if possible.

Lol not mine it's a repair shop in New Zealand. I can't wait till he explains what happened to break it like that.

We are currently 20 below windchill with a foot of ice on Tonka.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
3M panel adhesive 08115. They use it to glue cars back together. Works on Metal, SMC and FRP (Fiber reinforced plastics). Not 100% sure what the "Polytec" is made of that BRP uses on the hulls. You'd probably need to put a backer behind it since you can't really edge glue. You can check our FRP on Wiki if you want to nerd out. My buddy uses the panel adhesive at the body shop he works at. You can glue two pieces of metal together and the metal will fail on either side of the adhesive--it's some gnarly stuff. He glued the new roof panel on his Explorer roll over he bought and about 8 plug welds.

Hull 292001440 $1,666.99

http://www.gearhead.com/can-am-292001440.html#/s/BRP//292001440/1

Part# 34

37.jpg

$2k out of a $6k purchase price seems about right
2k hull, 2k lid, and 2k engine...

I carry a $500 deductible on my skis, and it covers driving into a rock...

I would have thought this plastic would have been a bit more forgiving when meeting said rock, as it would flex more and bounce back vs. fiberglass, however we need more info and photos. at $1600 I'd just slap a new hull on it myself.

it's often cheaper to replace than repair in my industry (Information Technology). so I'm used to this mindset. It's faster too. Why fix it when the replacement is the same price and 1/2 the time? or better.

And 1600 is retail. I bet the dealer gets them for $1200ish..?

Back