Exhaust Hose Melted (Material ?)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello All, I'm hoping somone has sourced the hose material and size for the Seadoo Exhaust hose... the short pieces used on the 787 RFI. If not I guess I'll do so. I'm retired so all my resoures kinda retired as well. Ha Ha. Part Number 274000170. I'm not paying Seadoo's Prices or the criminals selling used ones for the same price as new on Ebay. Then again this might be a specialized material. Help is appreciated.

Kinda curious about the root cause of why the hoses are melted. It got hot. I checked the Water Control Valve and it looked to be leaking. To me the only thing that would make the exhaust hot in that area would be a lack of water. I blew air threw the exhaust Pipe and fittings and they were pretty dang clear. I'm gonna pull the WCV tomorrow and get that fixed up.Exhaust Hose Muffler Short.jpg

Last edited:
When I had my 96 SP the exhaust hose blew a hole in it. I think I went to a NAPA auto parts store and bought a piece of truck radiator hose that was 2" inner diameter. I cut it to fit and it worked fine.

I was thinking the same thing. There is no supermaterial, everything available has been around a long long time. I remember buying hose that looked like this stuff a long long time ago. Shiznit that you couldn't bend no mater what. LOL Used on old trucks and tractors for a straight from the radiator to the thermostat. They could be using expensive material in these though... I doubt aftermarket does. Gotta give it to them.... these hoses lasted 20+ years. Thanks for the input !!

There was some plastic part of the 99 GSX Ltd exhaust I had that was melted I think the resonator. I ended up building a PVC connection between the parts that lasted for more than the 4 years I had it... I had to make my own as there was no part available for this, but yes, use real exhaust hose if you can.

I had Seadoo Exhaust hoses in my stock pile so I used those and I ordered two hoses at $13 a piece. I'd like to get a length of that hose. I checked Amazon today but no joy. LOL

Hello All, I'm hoping somone has sourced the hose material and size for the Seadoo Exhaust hose... the short pieces used on the 787 RFI. If not I guess I'll do so. I'm retired so all my resoures kinda retired as well. Ha Ha. Part Number 274000170. I'm not paying Seadoo's Prices or the criminals selling used ones for the same price as new on Ebay. Then again this might be a specialized material. Help is appreciated.

Kinda curious about the root cause of why the hoses are melted. It got hot. I checked the Water Control Valve and it looked to be leaking. To me the only thing that would make the exhaust hot in that area would be a lack of water. I blew air threw the exhaust Pipe and fittings and they were pretty dang clear. I'm gonna pull the WCV tomorrow and get that fixed up.View attachment 54091
Hi. I did use the green stripe hose below too. But did you figure out your issue with the exhaust getting so hot? I'm having the same issue and keep blowing my hose. Was it your water valve or maybe your rave solenoid ?

Wasn't my ski. I just noticed the problem. I did check the WCV and it was leaking at the top of the piston by the clamp. I couldn't get my pump to hold any pressure at all. I think I fixed it. LOL If it was my ski I'd have ridden it and check the temperature. :D You can get and infrared thermometer for $30 and shoot the temp with the seat off. My opinion is the only thing that will melt that hose is waterflow restriction.

Doesn't the water control valve restrict flow at higher RPMs? If so than a leaking valve wouldn't restrict flow. I did check all the lines and I had to pipe off to remove the starter. I didn't find any restrictions unless it is on the waterbox or bad exhaust hose.

That coupler is melting because water is not being sprayed into the exhaust pipe, ahead of the coupler,,,blow and clearout all your cooling lines, and also make sure your drain line is not plugged.

That coupler is melting because water is not being sprayed into the exhaust pipe, ahead of the coupler,,,blow and clearout all your cooling lines, and also make sure your drain line is not plugged.
Hmmmm.... all I did was blow through the exhaust and all lines going to it. That would have been a good thing to do. Problem is with this issues, it isn't my ski I'm not there to check it out while running. It bothers me how many reliability issues would never surface if people would just remove the seat and have a look regularly.

The few I have seen melt were from the water regulator not working. I know it’s supposed to restrict flow to dry out the pipe at high rpm but somehow it also melts the coupler so that stupid little thing is still a bit of a mystery, lol.

The few I have seen melt were from the water regulator not working. I know it’s supposed to restrict flow to dry out the pipe at high rpm but somehow it also melts the coupler so that stupid little thing is still a bit of a mystery, lol.
Amen to that. It is a mystery. I blew in and out of those holes and took it apart many times trying to figure the lil bastid out. Ha ha. I gave up and just put it together. LOL

I am quite sure, water has to be spraying into the top of the pipe to cool down the exhaust gases.,,if that fitting is plugged, you will melt the coupling hose,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back