Noob here introduction and questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

petemachinist

Good afternoon all,

The name is Pete and I live in Sault Ontario, Canada. Machinist by trade and teach fulltime at our local college.
I originally joined in 2013 and went dormant and sold the seadoo I had.
I was a lurker not a poster as my experience is limited compared to others on here.

I now have a 1996 Gtx and a 1997 Gtx.

Had a huge problem I am hoping for a few tips. I realize this probably won't be cheap.

My 1997 Gtx lost the small cooling hose that runs from the muffler rave to the exhaust pipe. (I hope that's what it is called)

The catastrophic failure included heating the muffler to the point that the paint on it burned and the rave valve melted right off.
The exhaust hose ruptured, and the tail pipe at the opposite end of the exhaust hose actually melted as well.

The thing went down faster than cash in my wallet when my wife finds it Lol.

Looking for tips on what could cause the exhaust to get that hot? I assume the loss of water from that small hose.

Is that small hose a special kind of material? seams like a different texture and makeup than regular fuel line or heater hose.

Looking for advice on sourcing of parts like that hose and I see lots of other parts on ebay.

Going to do compression checks etc. to see if a rebuild is going to be in order.

Should I go through the jet pump to see if it was also causing issues?

I really appreciate any advice I can get on this.

Cheers
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back