Overheating exhaust but can't find clog

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

acar.soner

I posted in the Facebook group but wanted to get an opinion here as you fall off quick in the other group

I am having an issue where the exhaust and muffler are getting way too hot. It at first melted the hose going from the water regulator to the exhaust, and the exhaust outlet out of the back. Muffler was black.

Replaced with excellent condition used parts. Muffler, water regulator, exhaust hose and exhaust outlet.

I'm still getting a very hot exhaust hose and muffler. Water seems to flow every which way.

Not sure what else to check. I believe this only happens when I'm full throttling for a set time. Could it be too much pressure causing the hose to pop and then overheat the exhaust?c23a98efd4b54822bdebad2e47e4dbd0.jpge1889534b84ae81e617c05f379b775bc.jpg

Is the elbow where the hose is melted open?
I can blow into it and hear it on the outlet of the exhaust but going to take it off to clean.

Thinking too much water pressure caused this? Or maybe it was hot exhaust fumes.

Last edited:
Are you sure the water regulator is working correctly.

Exhaust and too much water won’t cause this, it’s lack of water.

Wear ring ? Blockage in the pump? Pull the hose off the pipe and start it in the water. Check for flow at both hoses in the picture

Last edited:
Do you have a quick connect on the exhaust? Some people put those on. I had an issue with a DI and as soon as I removed the quick connected the problem was solved.
Are you legitimately overheating? Bad sensor??
If you moved the elbow fittings around that can cause an issue. Believe it or not those fittings have different size ports to restrict water flow and optimize cooling. There are numbers on the fittings. Good Luck !!

Back