RX DI water leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Checkmate1

Hello, newbie here. I have located a leak in the front of the engine compartment underneath the exhaust. There is a grey hose that has come unattached from hose clamp. Looking for advice on accessing this area. Does the exhaust have to come off? I read on another thread that exhaust removal was not recommended unless removing engine. Any advice or help appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3986.jpeg
    IMG_3986.jpeg
    370.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3987.jpeg
    IMG_3987.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3988.jpeg
    IMG_3988.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 5
That looks like the lower line of the mag water coolant exchanger came off. It runs to the bottom coolant exchanger under the engine. Problem with that gray stuff it is difficult to compress so you'll need a hose clamp on there. I'd fight it before I'd remove the exhaust. Be gentle because if the hose comes off the bottom cooler it will be very difficult to get back on without some disassembly. Good Luck.

That looks like the lower line of the mag water coolant exchanger came off. It runs to the bottom coolant exchanger under the engine. Problem with that gray stuff it is difficult to compress so you'll need a hose clamp on there. I'd fight it before I'd remove the exhaust. Be gentle because if the hose comes off the bottom cooler it will be very difficult to get back on without some disassembly. Good Luck.
Thank you for the info. I was able to get it back on with a clamp after removing the plastic intake air tubing? It was definitely tight quarters. Hopefully it stays on.

Back