2001 SEADOO RX DI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
HELLO!

I posted this earlier, however, my post was somehow removed and or deleted?

Owned boats, but first jetski.

Picked up a 01 RX DI, understand this is a "fun" ski to own & work on, fortunately I'm the second owner and the original owner stated it was winterized and maintained by the local shop/marina each year.

I was able to get the ski started out of the water with only a few items, and started to clean her up and get it up to speed.

Looked over all the lines and nothing appeared brittle or rotted, however, I found one line unattached, next to the battery in the pictures. I was thinking this could be a vent hose for the battery, can someone confirm? I followed the hose and it goes to the front of the ski.

I read that the grey lines were always suspect, and should be replaced; can anyone confirm that the hoses I have still attached are these grey lines?

Is there any oil to change in this motor, I read possibly in the jet pump ~4oz gear oil?

Any suggestions, recommendations, etc. are always welcome. I look forward to this journey with you all!

TIA

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Last edited:
Good deal on the vent line, I looked around for a home for the line and couldn't find squat. I didn't see a vent on the battery, but will now double check before I bungy the battery down.

So the DI doesn't have these bad gray lines then, good to know I presume!

I thought I read to replace them on the DI, must have been a different model, my bad...

I can't say what you have on yours. LOL The DI has a different fuel system than the carb skis.

No, DI does not use the gray Tempo fuel lines.
Yes, that is the battery vent hose.
I would change the inline oil filter for the injection oil and verify you are using an API-TC Full Synthetic oil.
Yes, you should change the jet pump oil and the counter-balancer oil if you are adventurous.

I worry about the counterbalancer oil. If it has never been checked or refilled over the years and that is highly possible a small leak can leave that chamber dangerously low on oil. It will not be an easy job on the DI as access is an issue.

I will look into changing these oil's, is there any DIY articles or a manual that could possibly detail this information?
Part # for the oil filter?
I did purchase the expensive Seadoo branded synthetic oil. TIA

HELLO!

I posted this earlier, however, my post was somehow removed and or deleted?

Owned boats, but first jetski.

Picked up a 01 RX DI, understand this is a "fun" ski to own & work on, fortunately I'm the second owner and the original owner stated it was winterized and maintained by the local shop/marina each year.

I was able to get the ski started out of the water with only a few items, and started to clean her up and get it up to speed.

Looked over all the lines and nothing appeared brittle or rotted, however, I found one line unattached, next to the battery in the pictures. I was thinking this could be a vent hose for the battery, can someone confirm? I followed the hose and it goes to the front of the ski.

I read that the grey lines were always suspect, and should be replaced; can anyone confirm that the hoses I have still attached are these grey lines?

Is there any oil to change in this motor, I read possibly in the jet pump ~4oz gear oil?

Any suggestions, recommendations, etc. are always welcome. I look forward to this journey with you all!

TIA

View attachment 61150View attachment 61151View attachment 61152View attachment 61153View attachment 61154
Congratulations on your purchase. These guys on the forum have a wealth of knowledge. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back