1998 GTX-RFI cooling issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rlbrobst

On last lake trip we had an over temperature alarm and we immediately shut down the engine. We found a rope wrapped around the drive shaft and removed it. It never ran correctly the rest of the day. Pulled it back to the ramp with our pontoon and pulled it from the water. Hooked it up to the hose at the campground and it ran fine. Water out the CSI and everything. Put it back into the water and there is no water coming out of the CSI even when we rev it up. so we pulled it back out and brought it home. Upon inspection al home noticed the exhaust resonators had melted. Ordered used ones to replace these bad ones. Not sure why there would be water out the CSI with the hose and not with the motor running and even at full throttle. Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the long explanation but kinda felt it relevant to disclose all this as well.

May not be much help but the only things I can think is maybe the rope in the impeller caused damage to the wear ring, I believe the impeller pressurizes the engine cooling water line. Other thing I am thinking is the water is flowing backwards on the hose to flush the cooling system, maybe the water gets to the pisser while in the hose but not when running normally in the water.

May not be much help but the only things I can think is maybe the rope in the impeller caused damage to the wear ring, I believe the impeller pressurizes the engine cooling water line. Other thing I am thinking is the water is flowing backwards on the hose to flush the cooling system, maybe the water gets to the pisser while in the hose but not when running normally in the water.
Yes, a damaged wear ring or impeller can cause no water flow to the engine and overheating.

Had the same rope issue on a 2004 GTI and once the wear ring was replaced it ran beautifully. I had the same overheating issue. When you run it on the hose it forces water through like the pump does in the water, but with the wear ring torched it doesn’t pump water like it should.

Back