RESTO "Double Threat" Resto - 2 x 1995 XP 800s

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
all you guys talk about these x motor 95s other than .25over stock piston and 95 case porting did they make more power diff timing or anything like that. I love the 1 of 500 made deal if you love them might as well have the rare fastest from factory one.

The X is not really faster but just was legal to run in the larger cc class being over 785cc.

Hey Matt I know the 95 x cases had nicer porting, did the 95 non x cases have the same porting as 96 cases?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

[MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] - I want that X motor, send me a price and I'll send you money. Update on this project - I'm doing the cheap work right now (break-down, cleaning, etc.) My garage is full of projects, and I've made the decision to dump a bunch of skis so I can make room for the projects that I want to do. Sadly, this means I might be cutting up some hulls that I can't get to. If anyone is in the area and wants some dirt-cheap hulls with clean paperwork, drop me a line. In fact, there are a few that I'll give to a fellow enthusiast for free... I really don't want good equipment going to the dump. Pictures will be coming soon... wife and I are trying to get as much dirtbike riding in as we can right now.

Thanks for all of the interest and the encouragement!

Cheers,

~Ben

Since its -20 we made a handshake deal and Ill be picking the stuff up in the next few weeks. I inspected the motor last summer the first time I stopped into that shop so I cant remember exactly what was going on with it, but I do remember the cases were good and everything looked really good...paint was really mint. Ill hit you up once I go do the trade.

Im glad you are interested though...the hull is decent, but prob not good enough to pull premium money with a parts matching true 95 800x. Ill prob use the hull for another project. Hood was decent, so was the original hump seat. Its got the typical dings in the edge, but its still a sharp yellow.

Oh and to answer the "whats so special about the 787x motor" question...not much. Us junkies though love the low production number stuff, and from everything I have ever read they prob made less than a 1000. They had to make 500 to race them, I think they made more than that but I doubt it was much more than 1000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally getting back to this. Moving into a new place soon with a larger garage which will make things quite a bit easier. Got some motivation in the mail today:

233.jpg

Thanks Mike! People - buy stuff from Mike @RatFink, he does good work!

BTW - I think I'm going to sell the ski that doesn't have the correct hood/seat on it. It's all ripped apart. If anyone is interested, let me know.

It's good to hear from you. I'm glad your moving forward on these again. I do need to hit Ratfink up for some decals, those look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back