DOC - '97 Speedster Bilge Pump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mman0

Doc-

Let me start by thanking you for all your wonderful advice! It's awesome to have someone with such knowledge watching over hundreds of Seadoo users on a daily basis.. We cannot thank you enough...

I recently purchased a 97 speedster and it runs great! The boat did not come with a bilge pump and since these boats easily take on water.. I figure I must install one.

Do you suggest any one in particular and do you happen to know the process to install??
Ive read good things about solar powered to help save the battery.. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Matt

The 97 speedster should have had a pump in it from the factory. If your's doesn't have one... then the last owner removed it.

So... as far as installing one... I guess we need to figure out what's left of the original system.

Look between the engines, and close to the fuel pump... do you see anything there? A few pictures of your bilge area would be helpful.

Nope... if the water was that high... your engine's would be submerged. The pump will be way down in the hull, between the engines.

Your pump is probably located at the very rear of the engine compartment, in the center. I have the same model, and the pump is white/blue, and the sensor stands right beside it on the port side. When I first got the boat, I couldn't see it either because the entire area was black with grease.

Check your fuse block in the front. The bilge fuse is the one on the row by itself. Look for a burned-out fuse there. If so, replace it and then try the switch beside your choke levers. You might have a working pump that's just hiding from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back