Seadoo sea doo speedster 200 2006 bilge Pump help always has water HELP !

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RELENTLESS

:stupid:
Hi, I have a 2006 speedster 200
Im kinda a mister fix it even when I have no knowledge
But heres my problem. I have the boat at a boat slip but on an air dock, so I does not sit in the water. But everytime it rains or I use it ... it has water when i open the floor. Sometime alot...I mean like to the top so I know this is not good. I always seem to have problems with the pump not pumping the water out or seems like its not on. I do know the fuse blew a few times yesterday and it takes a 3amp, I uped it to 5 amp and it blew again...I uped it to 10 amp and it drained all the water out. Yes I know that may not heve been too smart, but thats not the point ..lol. I always back and forth with working right, And it does not seem to have an automatic turn on at all. And before yesterday the fuse was never blown on it. So why is this happening .. should I replace the pump or check something else. I tracked the hose and found the pump under the back (what seems like an exhaust part,idk I know know nothing about motors or boats) (Though I am the only owner for the 3yrs) and there is a few inches of water over it so Im not sure what I am doing. Like I said its on the air dock so Im able to work on it with it being at the slip. But what can be wrong and why does it not work automatic. Please inform what to do or purchase asap... also it seems to always get water in the boat when I driving around and if I have about 4 ppl, it will bog and sit with the nose up high even when I try to balance the wieght of everyone... what the he11 is goin on...otherwise

love the boat

except for the brillliance of making an amp and mic that only work if both work...I recently blew my amp after replacing a mic and finally gave up and just put a different amp in all together, oh and the tower sux too...broke 4 times on the lower arm and ended up loosing the unreplaceable arm and had to redesign the tower with pfc ... best modifiacation yet ! just not if your goin to wake and had to build custom speaker boxesP1240151.jpg

P1150061.jpg

you can see pix at myspace.com/adrenex

thank you for the help on the bilge in advance
rockthisnj.com

I'm guessing your bilge pump has a short. DO NOT put another 10 amp fuse in a 3 amp circuit. You could burn up your boat. My advice is to replace the bilge pump. They are very inexpensive and you can get a much better quality unit at the same time.

Craig

whats strange is that the 10 amp didnt blow though, and it worked yesterday, before i went out, but not when i came back. today i turned it on and it pumped for a sec and then stopped...still the fuse is not blwn. Ive been looking and cant seem to find what pump to get or what not. and also is it supposed to be automatic ? can you give me a model # to look up and last..since the pump is under water...how do i get it out ?

they're a 500gph pump...Bass Pro, Wal-mart...etc. Take a gander at the sensor, might be soimething lodged there, not allowing it to "float". Check the connections at the battery.

I've never replaced one. On the Utopia I sold the pump was waaaaaay the hell in the rearmost part of the bilge and would be a bee-ach to change. Cannot comment on your Speedster 200 but hopefully Karl will chime in as he has that same boat and will certainly have more insite.

Yes the bilge pump should work automatically even with the battery switch in the off position. Your probably may be related to the float switch???? I'd love to see a schematic of your boat.

Craig

so is it, or is it not automatic because the switch only works when the boat power is on with the 180 power turn switch in the ass end. and does anyone have a pic of what im feeling under the water ?

yeah I been in the engine comp many times.... i look like a pro back there...except im lost on what does what...so do they all bolt up the same or am i just a straigh dumbass ... bc it really sux not having a visual and i dont think trying to snorkal it will work in 3 in of water..lol

Manual AND automatic

The pump is supposed to work automatically even with the battery switch off. For the manual dash switch to work you have to have the battery switch on.

There are two fuses for the bilge pump. One fuse for the manual switch leg and another fuse for the automatic leg.

If I had the schematic for your boat I could help you figure this out.

Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been googling all over... and i dont know if I should just replace it or maybe its the other fuse...i know i dont see a direct line to the pump from the battery , only the direct one to the amp...idk keep helpin as much as you can so i can keep gettin wet on the bay without having to swim back boatless..thanks

hmm

That's strange bc that fuse was empty...always has been...but I put in there yesterday and nothing happened...so I I get a new one..is it just plug and go or am I gonna be there for a few hrs messin around

If you become a premium member you will have access to the manual for your boat which has the schematic plus puctures and diaphrams of the pump. Then you will no what things look like.

A few things...

Wow your tower!......there is a recall on those towers......Mine was cracked, just got a new one, 2-1/4 diameter rear legs now, no movement at all now. Maybe you can see if yours qualifies??!! The manual here for the boat is for a Speedster 150/Challenger 180 2006......those are different bilge pumps. The manuals are great to have though, helped me alot. The following site will have good drawings and part numbers for your 200...

http://epc.brp.com

I use it alot, as well the http://www.seadoowarehouse.com/

Ned

Last edited by a moderator:
Being an electrician I can tell you that if the pump is rated to operate on a 3 amp fuse but blows it, changing to a higher amp fuse can cause major wiring problems. For a motor to draw more amperage than designed for (which is what causes the fuse to blow) there is a problem with the pump & possibly the wiring.

Replace the pump. Should fix the problem, but start there first.

By operating the pump on a higher fuse you can melt the wiring at minimum, possibly the electrical system and even worse cause a fire.

Had a similar problem. Pump was jammed with some debris which was causing a short and blowing fuses. $20 for a new 600 gph pump and I didn't even have to change the little strainer thing as the new pump popped right in. Have to check fuse on automatic switch still.

Maciej

Being an electrician I can tell you that if the pump is rated to operate on a 3 amp fuse but blows it, changing to a higher amp fuse can cause major wiring problems. For a motor to draw more amperage than designed for (which is what causes the fuse to blow) there is a problem with the pump & possibly the wiring.

Replace the pump. Should fix the problem, but start there first.

By operating the pump on a higher fuse you can melt the wiring at minimum, possibly the electrical system and even worse cause a fire.

fixed..thanks

yes it was the pump
I got and new one..and there is a cartridge that you can buy just as a simple pop in replacement, wish I knew that before
lol
well I was getting frustrated thrying to remove the old strainer and the hose did not screw right on
took about an hr and I just screw the new one right next to it using one of the holes from the little auto box and self tapped the other
Im dry and rock in out again...nice , thanks

glad I got an airdock though
thanx everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back