DIY Seat/Upholstery Reconditoning

malesandro

Water Crafts
1996 Sea Doo Challenger
I just bought 96' Challenger without seats. I have to expoy all the existing holes because the person who ripped them out cracked the gelcoat. Would by chance provide me a picture of the back seat and your cut out dimensions of the vinyl? I will need to tackle the project just like yourself. I have Juki sewing machine with the required hardware to complete the job. Should I use marine grade wood as the base for each of the seats? What do you recommend?

simplewon

Water Crafts
97 speedster 14
I would simply install new stainless flat head bolts going down from the seats into existing or new holes. It would make it an easier install. As far as pictures, you might check with http://www.seadooupholstery.com/

They have pics and video that might help.

Water Crafts
2005 Sea-Doo Islandia
Buyer beware.

I bought the 4 way stretch stuff from this guy. Everything came in as ordered but the quality of the vinyl is sub-par. The stuff is so flimsy, you can poke a hole in it with your finger. When I tried to return it I was unable to do so. Left 3 messages over a span of 3 weeks and got no response.

Water Crafts
2005 Islandia
Anyone know how to get the bow seat backs off on a 2005 Islandia? I have got to get my upholstery to copycatupholstery.com so I can redo my seats. Do I need to remove all of my cup holders or speakers to get to the screws? Someone? Anyone? :banghead:

ksherer07

Water Crafts
1998 seadoo challenger
PWC
I am about to reupholster a 1998 seadoo challenger. the boat is white and green now. Any tips on where to buy the vinyl from and how much will I need?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:10)

Adsense

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member