DIY Seat/Upholstery Reconditoning

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Just wondering, How does that 4 way stretch vinyl do in the cold? Is it going to crack after my first winter because it gets down in the 30's where I live. I need to redo a couple seats and you make it look managable for a do it yourselfer. Thanks

Just wondering, How does that 4 way stretch vinyl do in the cold? Is it going to crack after my first winter because it gets down in the 30's where I live. I need to redo a couple seats and you make it look managable for a do it yourselfer. Thanks

30s? 30s? :nopity:

Must be nice having that warm weather! Mine has held up fine in <0 weather..

hi,

i have a 99 challenger that i just bought and is in desperate need of conplete reupholstering. Do you have the templates that i could use or could you sew some pieces together for me and ship them? im just thinking out loud here. i have removed everypiece from the boat just looking for an easier way of takling this. let me know what you think and how we should take care of the transaction. thanks

rob

rpeck357@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,

i have a 99 challenger that i just bought and is in desperate need of conplete reupholstering. Do you have the templates that i could use or could you sew some pieces together for me and ship them? im just thinking out loud here. i have removed everypiece from the boat just looking for an easier way of takling this. let me know what you think and how we should take care of the transaction. thanks

rob

rpeck357@gmail.com

http://www.seadooupholstery.com/

Hey, I have the same boat and you did a great job ... I am having a hard time figuring out how to remove the seats .. the bolts all appear to be very hidden ... can you help ?

hey kcr, thanks for the great post on seadoo challenger. How could I get some templates from ya? I have one that is horrid. Upholstery like potato chips, foam gone etc.. It is going ok, but i tell you a set of templates sure would be helpful.. thanks

audiogrinder -at- hotmail.com
justin

I would love it if I could just get a few more details on removing the seats, got a pretty good idea on the rear, but not sure on the rest. I dont want to break anything. If anyone has any info and could pm it to me, that would be amazing!!! Thanks

hey kcr, thanks for the great post on seadoo challenger. How could I get some templates from ya? I have one that is horrid. Upholstery like potato chips, foam gone etc.. It is going ok, but i tell you a set of templates sure would be helpful.. thanks

audiogrinder -at- hotmail.com
justin

here

I would love it if I could just get a few more details on removing the seats, got a pretty good idea on the rear, but not sure on the rest. I dont want to break anything. If anyone has any info and could pm it to me, that would be amazing!!! Thanks

take a look at this link. http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/wps/Seadoo_OEM/Seadoo_JB.asp?Type=13&A=13&B=24

honestly, the front seat is all plastic junk upholstery tree black clips that will break and you will have to replace. Even the top backrest of front seat except for the two metal hook rods on top. you can see in the picture. all parts referring to (dart black) are the plastic clips that need pryed up. If you need your seats recovered, I did a nice job on mine. let me know. if you do them yourself, make sure you get the 4way stretch vinyl - you need this. same stuff they put on at the factory. stretchy.

Looks very good. I am going to give mine a go. Just seems that the 98 speedster has the hardest seats to copy. Going to try to heat up the vinyl and remove it with out ruining the foam. I may try and fab my own style of seat.

I have talked to Keith about the 98 seats and he seemed to think it would be best to just cover them over the existing covers. That doesnt really just peel off. You will end up doing more damage to the foam.

1997 Challenger Seats Redo

I jut redid the rest of my seats that the previous owner did not get to. I ordered the vinyl from Rochford Supply, I purchased the stapler from Harbor Freight last weekend for $14. I put the fabric on the seat bottoms as one piece. It was a few hours of work, then the butt cushions had to be redone. I ended up starting in the center and worked my way out to the ends. It does take a lot of patience. I did go back and remove some staples to pull the vinyl to get it right.

Thanks for the info from everyone on this thread! :)

picture 002.jpgpicture 005.jpgpicture 001.jpgpicture 004.jpgpicture 003.jpg

Great documenting your project. Can you tell me the details about the vinyl, where to order? Weight? How did you match or choose the color?
Information would help me on my 1997 Challenger.

The vinyl was ordered from Rochford Supply, www.rochfordsupply.com
I ordered the "Allsport Vinyl" , since there are only two colors on the boat, white and green, there were only two choices based on their color samples. The only green was "Marine Green" and "Chalk" for white.

does any one have templates they'd be willing to share (maybe some $$ for them)
also i didn't see it specified when i read through; how much of each colour is needed to do all the seats?

I am in the process of redoing my seats on my challenger I will posts pics tomorrow I so far completed the front backrest I had to go with puple and white as they did not have enough of the green to complete my job so I chose to go with the purple instead will post the images tomorrow :willy_nilly:

Last edited by a moderator:
please do. I don't think we've had any recent interior projects.

I did the boat in my avatar about 5 years ago now... and I know how big of a pain it is.

Good luck.

Hey guys, has anyone got the patterns, perhaps copyed on paper that they would sell? I'm not sure just what jet boats use the same setup as my95 sportster, but I am going to have to cut cushions, and vinyl without a template due to the fact that the used seadoo I just bought didn't have seats, or even foam to go by. I would have reconsidered purchasing this boat if I had known that hull parts were discontinued.
If someone could tell me what models and years interchange, plus what foam would I use. ( I have read through some threads and found info on upholstery ) but if during all your hard work, if someone might have traced their pattern onto paper,I would consider paying a reasonable amount. I hope that asking this is not against forum policy, I am really new to this!
Hope everyone has a great day!

Those are amazing! I wonder if he does those to sell? He would make a killing! I would pay $500 to have those. I will check out his post, thank you.
Btw, Lake Guntersville Al, northeast.

you say you may have the templates? I have nothing to go on with mine, there was no foam, or vinyl to even begin to DIY.
If there is anyway I could beg, buy, or borrow, I would be ever so great full. Mine is a 95 sportster, but it looks like there are different boats and years that interchange. I would be happy to pay for a copy of templates.
I just began on this forum today and am not a premium member, so I am not sure how to contact you, but will become one if I need to. I wonder if there is anyone that sells completed units? It seems like it would be a lucrative business.

Back