damaged starters stuck in housing .

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewv

Hi All. I have a couple of 2003 GTX skis ( 155hp) that both need new starters. Both skis have had water left in them and the starters appear to be corroded into the rear housing. I have already broken the spiggot off 1 starter but its still jambed in the rear housing. The starter still has the shaft through the spiggot so the starter is loose but still attached via the jambed spiggot.Has anyone come accross this problem before. I have already wasted many hours so any help appreciated. I think the next step will be exhaust Manifold off then maybe engine out. Any ideas ?
Thanks Andrew.

Not sure about the spiggot, I thought that was something fluid flowed out of like on a barrel of beer or wine. If the casing end of the starter is frozen in the engine use some penetrating oil or spray, and let it soak. Then tap it slightly to allow it to wiggle as such and it should come out. Be careful not to force it too much as you could crack the casing of the engine. be sure all the bolts holding it in are removed.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back