Cream gunk from pulse nipple... I’m confused

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

smaguire93

Hello friends,

2000 seadoo gti 717

so I’m fixing a friends ski. Sat for years but it started first go with some fuel in carb.

I have the carb off at the minute (didn’t notice any of the gunk inside)

So today while turning the pto by hand to check how tight impeller with new wear ring was. I noticed that on compression stroke I get a decent spurt of cream gunk from the pulse nipple.

i done a compression test before doing anything to it and both cylinders had 130psi if that helps.

Any advice appreciated

Well, a cream like discharge from the pulse nipple is probably oil mixed with water...that means the engine most likely has water in the crankcase...which is a potentially ominous sign.

Compression is on the LOW side as well.....150 is ideal I believe. You can try siphoning the oil/water out through the oil line connected to the bottom of the engine, but more importantly is how the water got in in the first place.....so time to also check gaskets etc as it is probable that the water jacket is leaking into the engine.

If you are running on a hose....engine on, water on, test, water off, engine off.....in that sequence. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back