2000 gtx millenium no fuel

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

wlong1957

My 2000 gtx millenium edition with dual carbs (180 hours)will turn over but will not start. I have replaced plugs , What I tried so far :

1. There are two lines from the separator in the front of the hull. One goes to the selector switch , the other to the carb. I disconnected that line and used a funnel and bottle to gas the carb directly. No Luck.

2. I disconnected the line at the top of the front carb and can see gas pulse out when turning over

3. I emptied the gas separator and it did not refill. I refilled it manually but no luck starting up.

4. I have verified that there is spark with new plugs.

As a novice I really do not have a grasp of the fuel routing. What I plan to do next is to try again with the gas cap off along with checking compression.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

W Long

Much better to go to the "2-Stroke Sea-Doo PWC Forum" section. Hardly anyone posts here.
I would repost this in "that" section.

Has the ski been sitting any length of time? Have you checked compression? You may need to rebuild the carburetors on the ski. You can install a clear line going to the feed line on the Mag Carburetor. It's at the bottom. Next you put the clear line in some gas. Turn the engine over and check that the gas is moving toward the carb. If it does not move you need to check the pump. I just get another clear line connect it to the pulse line (also on the mag carb) and I just activate the pump by mouth. Puff air back and forth in your cheeks. The fuel should move up the line and NOT go backwards. You are activating the fuel pump valves and check valves.

Make sure your choke is connected and if the engine runs away at any time pull the choke out and hold it. These engines are notorious for running away when out of the water. Since you may not be getting fuel in the correct amount it is likely to be lean if the engine starts and that only makes the ski more succeptable. Once it's starts revving and you are not giving it throttle... pull the key. That's just my warning.

Are the fuel lines gray or black? Gray lines need to be replaced. Good Luck !

Back