cooling hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodeco32

Hi guys. New to this forum. I have a 2001 polaris txi. I traded for this ski about 2 mo. ago. Have been working on it and finally have it running after putting a new stator and flywheel on. My problem is there was no hose going from the top of the stator housing. There is a 1/4 in fitting which I assume is for a cooling hose. I can't find any info where this hose goes. Also, there is a 1/4in fitting at the top of the crankcase and I am not sure if this could be where that hose goes. If not, what hose goes there? Any advice?

Virage...

The TXI is a model of the Virage. There are 2 versions of this 3 cylinder engine. Chances are, you have mixed parts.

What version of the TXI do you have? The Virage or the Int'l Virage.

I'm not sure how to tell the difference. It has the red ficht fuel injected engine. It also has stickers that read complies with Canadian fuel specs. Also, I found the hose that comes from the front of the crankcase and runs into what looks like the eem and runs all the way back to the exhaust port in the back. Is that a cooling hose?

My limited knowledge of the the Polaris skis makes me think that the stator and computer were both liquid cooled on the injected domestic engines.

You may have mixed parts... but if the cooling was supposed to be there... that could be what damaged the stator int he first place.

I believe the hose T'ed off the incoming hose that goes from the transom to the exhaust pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back