96 xp787 Coffman Pipe ports

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

SBX

Hello. Just picked up a couple Seadoo xp's a 98 and a 96. Both have aftermarket parts, coffman pipes, flame arrestors etc. My question is the 86 was never quite finished setting up the coffman exhaust. There is a hose on a port that does not hook to anything. There are a couple ports that are open. I believe they may be for an EGT set up like the 98 has but that is new stuff to me so maybe can anyone help me on this? There is also another port that I believe is a water cooling port but not sure if it blocked off and if its supposed to be or not. I have pics to attach.
There is the yelllow port, the small copper port, the chrome threaded port and the port with the hose on one end and goes no where.

Attachments

• 2023-09-01 17-31-01.jpeg
    2023-09-01 17-31-01.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 2023-09-01 17-31-26.jpeg
    2023-09-01 17-31-26.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2023-09-01 17-31-57.jpeg
    2023-09-01 17-31-57.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 19
  • 2023-09-01 17-31-43.jpeg
    2023-09-01 17-31-43.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 2023-09-01 17-31-46.jpeg
    2023-09-01 17-31-46.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 21
The copper and chrome ones were for EGT probes.
The yellow one is the pisser that goes overboard so you can see that you have cooling water flow.

Thanks kind of thought as much just wanted to be sure about it since I was not 100 percent. So how about the one with the hose off of it? And what EGT gauge would be recommended?

The copper and chrome ones were for EGT probes.
The yellow one is the pisser that goes overboard so you can see that you have cooling water flow.
What about the black hose off the intake piece mounted in the middle between the pipe and the manifold? I cannot figure out where that is supposed to go to.

You need to know version of pipe you have I think there was a race and rec
How would i know this by looking at it? I dont have a clue as i boughg these skis used with the pipes on them. If i had to guess id say the race from the other mods on the ski but im not sure. This hose comes off the piece between the pipe and the manifold that ive honestly not seen before. Ive strictly worked with og yamahas raiders, gps and blasters so some of this seado stuff is reslly foreign to me.

So I got in there and snapped this pic and low and behold there is some sort of fitting not in there and then I see this thing sticking up that I have no clue what it is? This was taken to show the connection from the end of the pipe to determine if its race or rec. I have no clue. Something else I noticed when looking at the hose runnings, none of the hoses run to the water box and I could swear one of them were supposed to run there? There is a brass stopper in the top of the water box that I think was where one ran to but nothing is there anymore. I really have not a clue what all these people did but the ski does have great compression and it starts but needs some of these small items figured out before I can take it to the lake. I also need to get a EGT gauge and a new primer set as this one had one but its gone now. So the pics i uploaded again show the top of the pipe the end of the pipe which is the entire pipe. And the black hose at the top of the pipe is what I am asaking but then this new spot at the back what goes in there?

Attachments

• 2023-09-01 17-31-01.jpeg
    2023-09-01 17-31-01.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 2023-10-19 18-22-14.jpeg
    2023-10-19 18-22-14.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 14
Wow ive bden asking for help on this small item for quite a while. Would love to get these skis on the water but cant figure these couple things out. Any help would be great.

apologies for not replying,,, where the pipe at its end,,, before the water box,,,, should be a fitting for the “stinger” .,, most of us tap a thread in there and insert a carb main jet,,,there is a lot of r&d to the right jet size,,,

apologies for not replying,,, where the pipe at its end,,, before the water box,,,, should be a fitting for the “stinger” .,, most of us tap a thread in there and insert a carb main jet,,,there is a lot of r&d to the right jet size,,,
So did you not see the pics i uploaded showing the back end of the pipe? There is a ling piece shooting up and there is an open threaded hole that looks like it had something in there but its been removed. One thing ive noticed is there is nothing running to the waterbox. The waterbox has a bronze fitting closing it up at the top so no lines run to it. Are you saing this black thick hose i have here that runs from the joint of the pipe to the manifold should run to this hole which should have a fitting screwed into it? How about the long piece sticking up does that get a hose on it too?

Attachments

• IMG_1137.jpeg
    IMG_1137.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1138.jpeg
    IMG_1138.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 9
Sorry pics are not adding well here for some reason

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpeg
    IMG_0010.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 10
You run a “t”,,, from the inline water hose from the pump to the water box and the stinger fitting

You run a “t”,,, from the inline water hose from the pump to the water box and the stinger fitting
Still doesnt tell me where ghe black hose from the top of the pipe goes. Is the stinger fitting the one piece sticking straight up or where the one where there is no fitting at all? So pop a fitting into where there is a drilled out opening? How big a fitting?

what part of the pipe do you want a closer pic of? The last one where it shows rthe back end of the pipe I cannot get much closer that is under the hull but to me its like high resolution on my desktop screen. There is a hole with threads in iit for a fitting to screw into. There is also a piece that is sticking straight up about 3 inches tall. at the top of the pipe I have a picture at the flange where there is a black hose attached and that black hose is really long can reach all the way to the back of the ski and it is not attached to anything. I have asked where that one should go. You can see there is a pisser fitting with no hose on it I can figure that one goes to a fitting outside the ski I am thinking. If you look at the top of the pipe there is a fitting with a hose that goes to the top of the head so that is the exit from the head so that one I got. I have the two hose connected to the back of the head one coming in from the pump and one dumps out I believe to the back. I am looking for help on the black hose and the hole in the back with no fitting. Will possibly the black hose attach to the fitting at the back of the pipe? That would cool the back and the water box so I am thinking possibly that may be it but not for sure.

I have the factory pipe, one hose tees off into the stinger, and one hose tees off into the waterbox,,,one long hose tees off to the front of the pipe where I have replaceable main jets
And I have a hose that tees off into the water injection at the head pipe,,,
The ski is on storage,, so can’t send a pic.

So are you looking at my pics? I have a hose coming off the plate between the pipe and the manifold at the top of the pipe. Im trying to find out where that hose runs to. When you say stinger does that mean that long piece that comes up at the back end of the pipe before thd water box? Please look at the pics i have uploaded. Im about ready to just give up and guess but id rather know what goes where before i just ho trial and error.

The stinger is that fitting that comes out at the end of the pipe,,, it looks like there is a mikuni main jet in there,,, mine has the same.,,,hard to tell from the pic

lol
The stinger is that fitting that comes out at the end of the pipe,,, it looks like there is a mikuni main jet in there,,, mine has the same.,,,hard to tell from the pic
ok so the stinger is the long piece sticking up from the pipe. it does look like it has a jet in there. So that gets on to it a line that is t'd off the black hose from the top of the pipe and the other branch of that t goes to the waterbox? If that is the deal then it looks like they were going to put a fitting into the pipe before the stinger there instead of going to the waterbox for some reason instead of going to the waterbox. My guess is to cool that rubber fitting at the end before the waterbox. Maybe that jet was too small and it wasnt cooling enough who knows.. Where can I get fittings for these pipes at?

That is a water jacketed pipe so you need to have cooling water going into the outer chamber and is why there is two fittings for the jacket, one in and one out. Typically it would fill from the bottom so all the air is purged out of the high point.
The smaller fitting at the very end at a 45 degree angle is to inject water into the actual exhaust stream to cool the rubber fitting and water box.

Reactions: SBX
Back