converting .3gp video to avi or somethine everyone else can watch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
I want to take some little videos on my Blackberry today, to actually measure how long it takes the boat to plane and reach top speed. I don't want to use my wife's camera, just in case it gets wet.

Blackberry takes .3gp video. But most computers play avi, wmv, etc.

Anyone know an easy way to convert my 3gp to something watchable?

Conversion?...

Scooper, when you record it, send it to your computer via email or upload. Once you have it on your computer, you should be able to watch it. Once your movie player comes up to view, you can select "File" then "Save as" and when this box opens, look at the bottom of the box and you should be able to save as several different file types.

Or, you can email it to me. I have a video editing tool. I'm not familar with blackberry or that file format but I'd give it a try. You have my email.....:cheers:

I copied it over to my computer, but only the sound will play, not the video. The format is 3gp.

It isn't much of a video, just a 5 second shot of the floor and me stating what quality it is recording in so I could mess with it later and know which one was which (I tried Anna's camera and my cell phone on all video recording modes).

Emailing it your way. Very small, like 50k. But if you can figure out how to convert it, I can do it with other clips as I make them.

I used Anna's camera on the water today, but I was by myself as she was parking the truck, and it was kinda hard to manipulate the camera, steering wheel, and throttle.

I did get a good enough clip to get home and count that it takes just a little over 2 seconds to go from idle to planed in the 97 Challenger with the swirl impeller.

I thought that when I got home and watched it, I would find that my seat-of-pants guesses of 3-4 seconds was a little glorified, but now that I have brought it home and watched it with the little time meter running at the bottom, it is easy to see it is closer to 2-3 seconds to plane:hurray:

Scoop, check out goprocamera and their Hero cam. It's a little two meg video camera that comes in a waterproof housing. They also have all sorts of adjustable mounts for it (from wrist straps to suction cups). A guy at work bought one and used it on the front of his Z06 for a drive through the mountains.

Aaron

Sounds cool, but I don't want to get THAT into it. I just wanted to be able to show members here how much faster the swirl impeller takes off without giving my verbal "seat-of-pants" experience.

Check out some of their videos. You could even mount it to the front of your surfboard.

Aaron

Yeah. I got a buddy who uses one in his drag car. Makes for some really HOT videos. but I really don't plan on taking many videos. I just wanted to put down in real numbers what I have been bragging about with my new impeller. So I took a quick, maybe 10 second video with my wife's camera in case someone calls BS on me for saying I can plane a single engine challenger in less than 3 seconds.

Back