Code P1615 Throttle Sensor, No throttle after new battery and getting ready for summer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Just pulled a brand new GTX230 out of storage from the winter. Got this thing so late in the year that I only got 8 hours on it. Put a the battery back in the was on a trickle charger and it throws an error code and engine light a second after starting.
Went a got a second new battery and tried again and same issue. P1615 code for throttle sensor. No way to use this or reset with out the aid of a dealer. Any ideas

CAUSE-Damaged throttle actuator, damaged circuit wires, damaged connector or damaged ECM.
ACTION-Check system circuit, perform closed throttle with B.U.D.S. Replace throttle actuator, replace ECM.

Thanks for the information. Is this faulty from the manufacture or do most need replaced with in 8 hours of being new? Seems like this maybe falls under warranty?

Should be covered under warranty unless they find something like a mouse nest in the throttle body jamming the actuator or chewed thru wiring.

Dealing with similar issue. Had to jumpstart the RXP at the lake, it ran great. Took it out yesterday (trickle charger on the battery). Started fine, idled fine, hit the gas, got tone, engine light and no power past idle.
Code p1615.

Please advise.

Hopefully you didn't jump start it from a running vehicle or you may have ruined your ECU. You should never start it with any charger attached to the batttery. Check your throttle body connector. You should start your own thread and include the year.

Hopefully you didn't jump start it from a running vehicle or you may have ruined your ECU. You should never start it with any charger attached to the batttery. Check your throttle body connector. You should start your own thread and include the year.
Buddy pulled his truck into the lake. Yes, running vehicle. Ran great all day. Next time it coded .

Yes, sometimes they will run fine on that same start from the jump but when you shut it off and restart, it will have the damaged ECU problem. I would try another ECU.

Yes, sometimes they will run fine on that same start from the jump but when you shut it off and restart, it will have the damaged ECU problem. I would try another ECU.
Copy that. Makes sense. On the seadoo parts sight I can’t find the damn ecu anywhere.

Definitely diagnose the throttle actuator code with attention on the actuator, connectors, and wiring as the code and shop manual would suggest. Escalating to the ECU is the last step in the diagnosis process. Don’t jump to the ECU last step first, because you are right, you could waste $1300.

If it was jump started from a running truck, I'd start with the ECU. I typically have ECUs around for testing purposes so I'm not money out of pocket and I understand that spending money on an ECU isn't ideal but jumping a seadoo from a running vehicle almost always cooks the ECU and that is the code it will throw for the newer seadoos.

Definitely diagnose the throttle actuator code with attention on the actuator, connectors, and wiring as the code and shop manual would suggest. Escalating to the ECU is the last step in the diagnosis process. Don’t jump to the ECU last step first, because you are right, you could waste $1300.
Will do. Thank you so much for the tips. Some knowledgeable cats like yourself, here in
If it was jump started from a running truck, I'd start with the ECU. I typically have ECUs around for testing purposes so I'm not money out of pocket and I understand that spending money on an ECU isn't ideal but jumping a seadoo from a running vehicle almost always cooks the ECU and that is the code it will throw for the newer seadoos.
Brutal. Fingers crossed that’s not it. If so, “Stupid Hurts!”

Back