Seadoo 130 GTI SE P0197 error

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mike O'Connor

Sharing this experience, as I could not find the error code documented anywhere. I have a 2021 GTI, and on my first run of the season, it started but I got a "check engine" light. The code was a P0197 (or PO197). The engine would not rev above 3K. I could not find this error documented anywhere for Seadoo. I did see motor vehicle ODB code match indicating engine oil sensor error, specifically high temperature. On a whim, after disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and various fuses, which did not resolve the error, I inspected all the cabling around the battery (thought I might have pulled on a wiring harness). I removed the seats and blindly felt around the back right side of the engine (under the panel) where I knew the oil filter was located. I found a loose wire, and managed to reconnect it. I'm guessing it was an oil sensor cable. The engine started, and operated as per normal. Being out in rural cottage country, I think I got really lucky.

Hi Mike. Good post! I just picked up a used 2016 GTX Limited 215 yesterday that has the same code. I do see some wiring that's been taped with electrical tape so I'm suspecting an issue there. Hoping it's something similar to your issue!

Jeff

Back