2011 Seadoo GTI SE 155 Running rough no throttle response

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Millrat22

Premium Member
Premium Member
I brought ski out of winter storage to get it ready for the season. First problem was the battery was shot even after being on tender. Changed that with an OEM battery. Then when i started the ski it would only idle at 1300 rpms and that was an extremely rough idle. Took it to a repair shop and he did some tests suggested that it was the ECM or computer. So i sent it out to get tested by Westside Powersports out of Missouri. The ECM passed the test and he sent it back. After the ECM was sent back and the repair shop checked it again he said it may be the wiring harness but coulnt guarantee that was the problem so i picked it up and started my own diagnostics on it.

Got it home and just started it up. It idles a little rough but at 1800 which is what it should idle at but it lags in throttle response like as in i need to hold the throttle down and then it eventually revs up.

Now onto my testing....

Checked all three coils and even the spark plugs and they Ohm out good.
Compression test on all three cylinders came back great at 150 psi each
When I turn on the ski but don't turn it over I can feel the throttle body responding to when i squeeze the throttle so i know the throttle body works
I have fuel pressure... my next step is to pull injectors and clean them and continue on.

I started this cause i have heard that this is an issue with this year of ski but cant seem to find anything on it.

It may be over simplistic, but install new spark plugs and water test. I change mine every 50 hours. Have had them go bad in the middle of a ride after taking a short break.

Back